Marshall's first smartphone

marshalls-STORY-582x436.jpg

This is BEAUTIFUL! :woot:

The new Marshall London is an Android Lollipop phone custom-fitted for music lovers, with a dedicated processor for high-resolution audio (including uncompressed FLAC files), a pair of headphone jacks built into it, some decent-looking Marshall Mode earbuds, a top-mounted button that quickly fires up the phone
  • Like 2

Saw this

creating hype over nothing, samsung mobile phones have had wolfsons DACs since forever (exynos versions), granted SEVERELY underpowered amp stage

If it can beat, (or at the very least, match) my moto g in the headphones output department, then I'll be interested

it's not about output volume you Douch. Moto G, is power by snapdragon, which uses a SoC and own audio processing chip (eg. not specialized). So not a fair apples to apples comparison.

I'll be looking forward to it if it indeed emerges

it's not about output volume you Douch. Moto G, is power by snapdragon, which uses a SoC and own audio processing chip (eg. not specialized). So not a fair apples to apples comparison.

It's Douche, by the way :p

And I like my music loud, Sammies and Sony's never sound loud enough, my old N86 blows away all, (was louder than N8) the only phone that comes close is an iPhone, but as my wife had problems with her iPhone 4, I steered clear, so after a couple of disappointing androids, I finally came across my moto, so far, the only phone I can live with in terms of being able to hear it ringing in my pocket in a busy area, and so on (for tech spec, yes, it's a dinosaur)

When I saw the title I thought, "I'm sure Marshall has had a smartphone before now." :laugh:

Thank You, I worked hard on it. :p

I would like to officially welcome Marshall into the beautiful world of.............

Wait, that joke's done :cry:

It's Douche, by the way :p

And I like my music loud, Sammies and Sony's never sound loud enough, my old N86 blows away all, (was louder than N8) the only phone that comes close is an iPhone, but as my wife had problems with her iPhone 4, I steered clear, so after a couple of disappointing androids, I finally came across my moto, so far, the only phone I can live with in terms of being able to hear it ringing in my pocket in a busy area, and so on (for tech spec, yes, it's a dinosaur)

It's because of people like you, that war starts! Repent! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

I think I didn't make my point clear: Loud is NOT always equal to faithfull frequency response reproducion (Eg, just cause your earphones sound good at 10/100, doesn't mean it sounds the same as the other android at 50/100; EG. Volume != sound quality.

Owning several Marshall amps myself, i'm a total sucker for this.

Imagine if it used real valves too! It'd be the heaviest, chunkiest, most power hungry, best sounding phone ever! :p

It's because of people like you, that war starts! Repent! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

I think I didn't make my point clear: Loud is NOT always equal to faithfull frequency response reproducion (Eg, just cause your earphones sound good at 10/100, doesn't mean it sounds the same as the other android at 50/100; EG. Volume != sound quality.

Oh I understood you alright, but my Aiwa Walkman was dumped in the trash decades ago, when I could legally own and drive a car, besides, you know what I have in my living room, I'm just less picky about sound quality on my mobile, so long as it's loud and clear, for everything else, there's my Rotel 2 stage, and my B&W's

:p

Oh I understood you alright, but my Aiwa Walkman was dumped in the trash decades ago, when I could legally own and drive a car, besides, you know what I have in my living room, I'm just less picky about sound quality on my mobile, so long as it's loud and clear, for everything else, there's my Rotel 2 stage, and my B&W's

:p

Show off! :p

Heh, we are opposite, as I focus more on mobility at home, I just use my sucky onboard laptop audio.

• Like 1

That's nice but I can't stand the border around the phone.  The border can be changed to darker tone or can be removed.

That would kinda defeat the look of it. Pretty much all Marshall amps and cabs have the white piping around the border. Now if Ampeg would make one for us bass players that'd be great.

When I saw the title I thought, "I'm sure Marshall has had a smartphone before now." :laugh:

I thought the same, lol!

That would kinda defeat the look of it. Pretty much all Marshall amps and cabs have the white piping around the border. Now if Ampeg would make one for us bass players that'd be great.

I know that.. I don't mind the borders on the amps. But I don't stand it on the phone, though.    It's distracting.  If it is in darker color.. It would be okay and I can get it. Otherwise, I won't get it.

I know that.. I don't mind the borders on the amps. But I don't stand it on the phone, though.    It's distracting.  If it is in darker color.. It would be okay and I can get it. Otherwise, I won't get it.

Since they're going for the Marshall styling, a darker/no border is probably not going to be a option, but you could always take a black Sharpie to it though. :p

• Like 1

Loudness war isn't really about "volume" loud though...

• Like 1

PRICING ALREADY!!!

I've been waiting for almost 14 hours now :angry:

Supposedly $583.  Aside from looking very nice it appears to have similar specs to the Moto G.  Overpriced for style, apparently.

Supposedly $583.  Aside from looking very nice it appears to have similar specs to the Moto G.  Overpriced for style, apparently.

Ouch... oh well, Oukitel K10000 it is then

(I know there are countless apple troll jokes I could post but I really didn't want to go there)