2 hds - 2 different boots ?

there is a computer with 1 hd using w98, so the idea is to install another hd and install, lets said, w98 too. I was wondering if there could be a way to have at ne moment the change to decide with which of the 2 hs would like to boot from. Which app may i use?

thanks in advance doods.

respect.

aniba!

well, i don't know waht 2 say since i didn't understand everything in your message.

it seems that you are looking for a boot manager or something. i know bootmagic from powerquest, which comes with partition magic pro, but i didn't use it, so i can't tell you if it's good

lol. let me refrase the situation.

1 computer - 1hd - running normally with win98.

Now a new hd, for another user, is planned to be installed from scratch, using also win98.

So my question is, is there any program, like you said a 'boot manager' that let you choose which hd would you like to boot from?

in which hd i would have to install it?

thanks in advance. hope i where clearer enough this time.

respect.

aniba!

i understand it this time....

well, i can tell you this. you can do this, but since since windows98 must be on a primary partition you must have 2 primary partitions (i think they will be both c:). since you can't run system with 2 primary partitions, you must hide the partition you are not using (the other users partition) for the user.

this is done on startup by a boot manager as far as i know. the bott manager will require some configuration and you must define the partition on the second hd as primary partition.

well, i hope u understand this, i wrote it a bit sh***y but if u don't message me again.

:)

me again...just re-read your last post

in which hd i would have to install it?

well, as i know, you will install this boot manager in windows, so it will install itself automaticaly into the bootrecord of the hd

:)

thanks for the info pal. i got this app (PowerQuest Partition Magic v7.0) i think it will do the boot trick. (btw i only intend to have 1 partition only on each hd).

|:o)

thanks again.

aniba!