What Is Your Favorite Controller Of All-Time?

Your favourite game controller  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favorite Controller Of All-Time?

• NES
    • SNES
    • Genesis
    • Nintendo 64
    • GameCube
    • Xbox (Specify from which Gen in a post below)
    • PlayStation (Specify from which Gen in a post below)
    • Keyboard and Mouse
    • Other (Specify in a post below)

Again, because I am unoriginal, I stole the poll from the front page of GameInformer.

I have to say I really like the X1 controller. I bought one for PC and I really like it. I also like the PS4, but I have accidentally pressed that big touchpad button a few times which is a little annoying.

• Like 1

Xbox, best placement of the sticks, comfortable, responsive. The 360 was good and the XB1 is just a refinement of something that was already good. I'm going to get the elite XB1 controller later this year because that's how good I feel about Xbox controllers.

For nostalgia though I would say the Super NES controller.

Out of the "real" game controllers that I've used over the decades, for me it's easily the 360's that's the most comfortable to use. (Haven't tried the X1's yet.) I'm still a Kb/M user at heart though. Absolute worst for me would have been the Intellivision's.

XB1's for me. 360 would have pipped the post (prefer the heavyness of it) had the D pad been particularly good, which it wasn't.

I find Dualshocks just to small, and the most painful for me was the original NES. Sometimes i'd come away from a half hour game session with blood running from blisters, eeeew :p

I wouldn't put keyboard and mouse in a poll about controllers...

Personally the olde nintendo were alright (SNES), the newer nintendo are naff, playstation were alright but the xbox 360 is spot on.

Without a doubt the Xbox 360 controller. Haven't tried the XBONE yet but I'm sure that's even better

X360 with a close second from the Gamecube. I've yet to try the Xbox One controller. I wish there was more emphasis on proper D Pads.

My Xbox 360 Afterglow controller. It's just a bit smaller than the standard one, so easier for me to hold. All the buttons and sticks feel solid and haven't gone loosey-goosey like some of the standard ones do, and it's smooth rather than textured plastic. I lurve it and want to get one like it for the One.

Out of the "real" game controllers that I've used over the decades, for me it's easily the 360's that's the most comfortable to use. (Haven't tried the X1's yet.) I'm still a Kb/M user at heart though. Absolute worst for me would have been the Intellivision's.

True, keyboard and mouse is also great but I don't really consider it a 'controller' as I think gamepad when I hear controller. The worst controller for me would be the Atari Jaguar. Whoever designed that thing had to be drunk.

The worst controller for me would be the Atari Jaguar. Whoever designed that thing had to be drunk.

Hah I remember that one. Was a pretty awkward one for sure.

I personally loved the Gamecube controller with its A B X Y layout.

A few modifications such as a second bumper button and make the sticks click and it could be a major contender again.

Xbox 360/ XB1 by a mile (not tried XB1 yet) but from the looks of it its just been refined even more, so will probably be my favorite once I get it.

Xbox One default controller for me, although the Elite Controller might change that soon :-)

PS4 controller is second.?

I like the Playstation style controllers, PS2 had a solid, light, rumble controller.   I have never been a fan of the split hand style controllers where one hand sits higher than the other.

Snes. Round, comfy to hold and after that, I find there is too many buttons lol. I'm not a gamer anymore. Doesn't help. I find that for instance, playing NHL on my ps3, there are too many buttons doing too many things. My head can't compute. I liked the time when you ran, jump, shoot and special move that's it... Now it's overly complicated

Never had an issue using any controller, other than the PS3 triggers being dysmal.