Police probing death in LA find 1,200 guns, 2 tons ammo

If I have a garage full of computers, then absolutely, I'd have a problem. I can probably call Hoarders and end up on TV.

Moving from my 1 bedroom apartment in 2002 :laugh:

19717311059_0796dd58a7_c.jpg

And most Americans.

I don't know about that, there are 80+ million gun owners in the U.S.. He didn't harm anyone with those and he obviously he could afford them so yeah. No harm no foul. 

I don't know about that, there are 80+ million gun owners in the U.S.. He didn't harm anyone with those and he obviously he could afford them so yeah. No harm no foul. 

I was not implying every single gun owner is a nutjob.

look at the bright side, during his life those 1,200 un-opened guns (and its ammos) do not circulates among gangs, criminals and other degenerates.

Someone breaks in the guys house - gets all the guns.

Where does one draw the line then?

Lines are irrelevant.

A person could own 0 or 1 firearm and be a dangerous, deadly criminal or own 1,000 and be a responsible citizen.

What control does anyone have over how many cars Jay Leno owns? Each of them could kill if driven by a reckless, aggressive person too.

In fact, psychopaths have killed as many people with a car by driving into a crowd as a many mass shooters.

• Like 1

I was not implying every single gun owner is a nutjob.

So you classify a nutjob by wanting to collect something he likes? Its called a hobby and there is no law against doing what he did. 

Lines are irrelevant.

A person could own 0 or 1 firearm and be a dangerous, deadly criminal or own 1,000 and be a responsible citizen.

What control does anyone have over how many cars Jay Leno owns? Each of them could kill if driven by a reckless, aggressive person too.

In fact, psychopaths have killed as many people with a car by driving into a crowd as a many mass shooters.

I am not referring to the intentions of such an owner, I am referring to what KingCracker stated about an excessive amount. Where does one draw the line before such a collection is to be considered excessive? 1 gun? 10 guns? 1,000 guns? 1,000,000 guns? 1,000,000,000,000 guns?

While we are being honest, your comment was made only to defend the amount of guns, as I assume that the intentions of the owner are not yet known.

So you classify a nutjob by wanting to collect something he likes? Its called a hobby and there is no law against doing what he did. 

I would classify them as anyone with the tools of violence to supply a small army, whether they are or aren't doing that.

• Like 2

I would classify them as anyone with the tools of violence to supply a small army, whether they are or aren't doing that.

Well you would be wrong in calling someone a nutjob because of that. 

I am not referring to the intentions of such an owner, I am referring to what KingCracker stated about an excessive amount. Where does one draw the line before such a collection is to be considered excessive? 1 gun? 10 guns? 1,000 guns? 1,000,000 guns? 1,000,000,000,000 guns?

While we are being honest, your comment was made only to defend the amount of guns, as I assume that the intentions of the owner are not yet known.

People collect many things.   Some have the potential to do harm, others dont.  As long as you are responsible, then there really is no problem.

• Like 1

Like any gun shop then.  Only difference between this guy and a gun shop is this guy collected weapons/ammo for himself.  More info here....

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-family-id-s-dead-man-with-cache-of-1-200-guns-20150722-story.html

He lived in the area for 60 years, was a loaner, and liked collecting guns.  And sounds like he was very responsible in doing so.

• Like 1

Well you would be wrong in calling someone a nutjob because of that. 

It's subjective, and that you would say that does not come as a surprise to anyone on the planet.

• Like 2

If the headline was "Police probing death in LA find 1,200 pots of Raspberry Jam, 2 tons of Crumpets", I'd classify whoever's it was as a nutjob.

It's subjective, and that you would say that does not come as a surprise to anyone on the planet.

It's a surprise to me.

• Like 1

People always feel the need to judge someone else because they don't live a life like their own. The guy didn't do anything wrong, showed no signs of wanting to hurt any one but yet we have yuppies claiming hes a nutjob. 

People always feel the need to judge someone else because they don't live a life like their own. The guy didn't do anything wrong, showed no signs of wanting to hurt any one but yet we have yuppies claiming hes a nutjob. 

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/5ee82543bd794d78970bd9adff81f963/body-man-decomposed-car-small-arsenal-home

Hoarding and delusions of being an undercover government agent are signs of mental illness. Just because he never hurt anyone doesn't mean he wouldn't at some point, nobody knows for sure. 

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/5ee82543bd794d78970bd9adff81f963/body-man-decomposed-car-small-arsenal-home

Hoarding and delusions of being an undercover government agent are signs of mental illness. Just because he never hurt anyone doesn't mean he wouldn't at some point, nobody knows for sure. 

Liberal media calls it hoarding. I call it a damn fine collection. If I owned that many id build me a special room to display them all.

Like this. 

e9u4j7.jpg

The guy thought he was working for "several government agencies" and that "they would take care of his body".  Am I reading that correctly?  Definitely some serious mental illness going on there...

Liberal media calls it hoarding. I call it a damn fine collection. If I owned that many id build me a special room to display them all.

Like this. 

e9u4j7.jpg

Yes, that's how a collector might display their stuff. But this guy didn't, because he's not a collector. Or is that concept too "liberal media" for you to understand? 

• Like 3