AMD FX 8350 vs A10 7850K or something else?

Yup, another one of those topics :)

I'm looking at upgrading the motherboard/cpu/graphic card of my several year old computer. It has 8GB of DDR3 ram, an dual core APU with a FM2 motherboard and graphic is an AMD HD 5670 with 1GB of DDR5 Ram.

I'm getting my stuff from http://www.centrecom.com.au/ and my budget is about $600 AUD. No Intel please.

For now I just want to focus on the CPU and motherboard as I will be keeping my memory. If I go with the FX 8350, will I need to worry about cooling? Will I need to water cool it? I'm not interested in overclocking or anything like that.

I use my computer for a little of everything, playing games, watching movies/TV, running VMware player, coding, some video editing etc.

The first question is, I don't know if I should wait for some new CPUs to come out from AMD, or buy now.

To make my head spin more, cpuboss is telling me to go the FX route, but I see that the tech from 2012, not sure if that a good thing. Source: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/AMD-FX-8350-vs-AMD-A10-7850K

I have no plans to have more than one graphic card in my computer, I'm happy with my 750W power supply, My screen is 1280x1024.

Thank-you :)

8350 doesn't need water cooling, though I'd never stick with the stock cooler on an AMD box.

The 7850 (actually, the A10-7870K now) should have a better GPU in it than you've got in there though, so it's up to whether CPU or GPU is more important to you if you go now.

If you can wait for the Zen architecture in 2016 it'll last a lot longer.

Maybe it just me but I never been a fan of on-board graphic, maybe they have improved a lot at late?

Intel have, AMD, not so much.

They're still garbage compared to a dedicated GPU though.

In that case, I think I may be better off focusing on the graphic card now and upgrade the motherboard and CPU next year. I am going to do some homework on the graphic cards that are around then start a new topic that focus on just that.

Thank you all :)

Intel have, AMD, not so much.

They're still garbage compared to a dedicated GPU though.

You are joking right?  Intel had to add an expensive eDRAM component to even match Kaveris GPU performance.

Unless you spent hundreds more, Intels GPUs didn't compare (unless it's improved with their newest processor lineup, and I haven't looked.)