Gonna be epic!

Obligatory:

itshappening.gif

Well.. someone had to do it :p

GVFbI3L.gif

You're welcome. :p

• Like 3

FTFY.

Question, would setting up a duplicate database to hold the fort while the conversion takes place, be to much of a hassle? (granted all the info available would only be the one before the conversion started)

I would bet they don't have enough available storage to do that. If it was me I would clone it to Azure or AWS for a few days to keep everything up while I upgraded.

In case you don't know how to connect to Neowin IRC tomorrow, here's a guide to connecting to #neowin I wrote a while ago.

Clicking "Mark Solved" on this one as well so that people see this upon first entering the thread. (Y)

Clicking "Mark Solved" on this one as well so that people see this upon first entering the thread. (Y)

If the front page will be up, why not link to it as well?

If the front page will be up, why not link to it as well?

It is more of a place for members to hang out while the forums are unavailable. :)

And remembering the last major upgrade...well...that's one for the history books. :p

• Like 2

Apparently theme customization is harder than with IPB3?

The look and feel is drastically different and certain elements are in completely different places and "new content" is grouped differently specially if you have a gallery.

You used to have "all content>gallery section> 1)new images 2) new comments and now it's all lumped into the same item and it's a mess.

When you want to look at new gallery contents everything is lumped together.

Also it's not as fast on mobile to do anything and still has panning and zooming required, the last mobile version was scaling better. The new one still has scaling issues.

The gallery is a mess to go thru as well. Not as much layout controls. -_- 

I would bet they don't have enough available storage to do that. If it was me I would clone it to Azure or AWS for a few days to keep everything up while I upgraded.

We already are on AWS :laugh:

Forking the forum DB would just upset people post migration when they lose the posts that were made during it.

Can't wait for you guys to see the new lack of darkside theme!

No chance of a dark theme with this one either, right?

Not through lack of trying to have it ready for launch though (test site has been up for months).

How is it I'm logged into the forums, but on the site home page, I'm still not logged in.  I imagine not everything is up and synced, right?

• Like 1

How is it I'm logged into the forums, but on the site home page, I'm still not logged in.  I imagine not everything is up and synced, right?

This is correct, in fact I don't know why you can bypass the offline notice too :s call it a perk of your subscription for now? :p

• Like 2

Guys, stunning work on the forums!

quotes are not working for me.  in the post that quote someone, i see the quoted text and the post text as just post text, like the poster wrote the quoted piece too.

So I already found a bug, go to the last page of a multi-page thread, (this one will work) and click the NEXT link to go to the "next page".

Look carefully and laugh at what it does.

• Like 2

This is correct, in fact I don't know why you can bypass the offline notice too :s call it a perk of your subscription for now? :p

Yeah, subscribers have access. I'll leave it like that for now. If all goes well we'll be fully online today anyway

So I already found a bug, go to the last page of a multi-page thread, (this one will work) and click the NEXT link to go to the "next page".

Look carefully and laugh at what it does.

Noticed this on the official IPB forums as well. I guess this is an official bug :)

Need more room between quotes

Can't you alert people by doing @Timan .... yes you can :)

• Like 2