IPB4 upgrade announcement

If you shrink down to mobile size, there is a start new topic button. When you applied the theme to the desktop size it removed the button, will it be added back?

Pssst: Are you going to enable cover photos? :shifty:

Pssst: Are you going to enable cover photos? :shifty:

Can you not already add a cover photo to your profile? Or are we talking about something else? Check under your profile on the right hand side.

Things are looking good so far (Y)

Will there be tweaks done after things are settled and done converting, etc? Things like showing the OP at the top of every page (I think this was in the last upgrade too and was removed) and the reply box saying "Answer this question..." What if I just want to join the discussion and not necessarily answer the question?! :rofl:

Edited by Jeston
  • Like 1

This is correct, in fact I don't know why you can bypass the offline notice too :s call it a perk of your subscription for now? :p

IPB4 looks great, do you guys have plans to recover the profile pictures of all users after they have been nuked?

IPB4 looks great, do you guys have plans to recover the profile pictures of all users after they have been nuked?

Unofficial comment on the status but it seems like every couple hours a new feature pops back online...give it time.

hey look, offline access

fun :)

The 'Site Offline' banner on top can surely be removed now, can it not?

The 'Site Offline' banner on top can surely be removed now, can it not?

it's still technically offline for non subscribers though

also looks like some things are still being tweaked/added (the minispy for instance isn't active yet that I see)

it's still technically offline for non subscribers though

also looks like some things are still being tweaked/added (the minispy for instance isn't active yet that I see)

The forum is obviously back up for all members. Tweaks post upgrade were to be expected.. it happens after all major forum upgrades.

The forum is obviously back up for all members. Tweaks post upgrade were to be expected.. it happens after all major forum upgrades.

I wonder if its a bug that's allowing ex-subs to view the forum as well. Not sure about the others but I used to be a subscriber.

I wonder if its a bug that's allowing ex-subs to view the forum as well. Not sure about the others but I used to be a subscriber.

Pretty sure its open to everyone now unless I'm misinterpreting this tweet.

Edit: Frank beat me to it.

should we be expecting the minispy back soon? I kinda feel naked without it lol

Yes, but it needs reprogramming because the way it retrieves the posts from the db is different and it was causing some very high loads. It is being looked into but I doubt we'll be debugging it on Windows 10 launch day :p

This will take some getting used to.

Yeah, it looks a lot cleaner but I hope there are darker themes eventually :p

Good work so far, I hate to imagine the amount of effort that goes on behind the scenes to making it all work.