IPB4 upgrade announcement

the entire theme was reloaded with various changes & bug fixes here and there. Steve has been talking about a theme refresh for a few days now :)

1. Please fix the vertical spacing.  It makes reading threads absolutely hideous.  I point-blank will not be using the forums until this is fixed.
  2. Scrap the red-dashed line thing you get whenever you quote someone else's post.  It's totally unnecessary as it gets in the way of the user.
  3. BBcode is not working.  There's BBcode spewed all over that needs sanitising.
  4. Embedded YouTube clips don't work.
  5. Page numbering is awful when you go past the last page.  I don't really care if this is IPB4 or your theme or what really - it's broken and it needs fixing.  Other forums (and the old version of this forum) don't have this problem.
  6. Notifications on the home page are missing.

1. Please fix the vertical spacing.  It makes reading threads absolutely hideous.  I point-blank will not be using the forums until this is fixed.
  2. Scrap the red-dashed line thing you get whenever you quote someone else's post.  It's totally unnecessary as it gets in the way of the user.
  3. BBcode is not working.  There's BBcode spewed all over that needs sanitising.
  4. Embedded YouTube clips don't work.
  5. Page numbering is awful when you go past the last page.  I don't really care if this is IPB4 or your theme or what really - it's broken and it needs fixing.  Other forums (and the old version of this forum) don't have this problem.
  6. Notifications on the home page are missing.
  1. Vertical spacing is default and is any real text editor feature, including most office apps
  2. See italic part above
  3. BBCODE does work, but old posts are still being converted (<--- now said 141 times or thereabouts)
  4. Embedded videos seem top work, I probably have to look up a setting to reduce the size a bit
  5. Page numbering is fine
  6. Still needs to be ported over

In addition, I can fix vertical spacing in posts by doing shift+enter
EASY! :p

bold italics <-- random bbcode 

1. Screenshot attached.  This should make it crystal clear how much screen real estate is being wasted.
  2. Don't see any italic part above.
  3. Thanks!
  4. Thanks!
  5. Yes it is now - thanks!
  6. OK

You're expecting people to use Shift+Enter?  That's nuts.  I expect it work just like Notepad or a simple typewriter, I want a new line I press Enter.

wtf.png

1. Screenshot attached.  This should make it crystal clear how much screen real estate is being wasted.

Not being wasted though is it? It's that big due to the info in the sidebar.

If you don;t like it, then i urge you to learn to use stylish to alter the bits you don't want. That way you can get it exactly how you want.

Just curious why some prefer the "like" button on the left. For a right handed person with a mouse, the most efficient side is the right hand side by the scroll column, less horizontal movements. "Signin" is on the right side also.  

2. Don't see any italic part above.
  3. Thanks!
  4. Thanks!
  5. Yes it is now - thanks!
  6. OK

You're expecting people to use Shift+Enter?  That's nuts.  I expect it work just like Notepad or a simple typewriter, I want a new line I press Enter.

wtf.png

The space you mentioned in the screenshot, it has been around since the forum came out with avatars...  Nothing you can do about it.  Look at the left side panel ..

If the avatar is removed, then the space in right pane will be smaller.

Think about that. 

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Except on pretty much any RTE this is exactly how it works. Enter for a new paragraph and shift + Enter for a single line break.

The space you mentioned in the screenshot, it has been around since the forum came out with avatars...  Nothing you can do about it.  Look at the left side panel ..

If the avatar is removed, then the space in right pane will be smaller.

Think about that. 

:rolleyes:

Bad idea. :p I want to keep my avatar.

Plus, white space doesn't bother me. A lot of sites, programs, and OSes always end up having a lot of unused space anyway.

Just curious why some prefer the "like" button on the left. For a right handed person with a mouse, the most efficient side is the right hand side by the scroll column, less horizontal movements. "Signin" is on the right side also.  

I guess it is because most people start tracking letters with their eyes and reading from the left hand side.

• Like 2

Bad idea. :p I want to keep my avatar.

Plus, white space doesn't bother me. A lot of sites, programs, and OSes always end up having a lot of unused space anyway.

Yeah, i don't know where this idea has suddenly come from that if there's space, we must fill it. :/

Yeah, i don't know where this idea has suddenly come from that if there's space, we must fill it. :/

Don't know, but you don't always need to fill the space, especially since this theme is only temporary.

• Like 1

It only looks that way because we used to ensure sigs and the like links were actually at the bottom of a post, we may still do this at some point. If there's any more height at all it is minimal, plus the alternating post color is not here as well.. 

or a trick of the light ;)

Btw, it seems to me that we cannot delete or edit the Status comments that we leave on other peoples statuses?  Why?

Should it not be editable like all the other posts?

• 2 months later...