Changes with the IPB4 upgrade

I thought you guys knew about the core changes in IPB4. I was experimenting on the forum long ago, and as much as I love the new design, the API seems to be limited.

BBCode still works on default installs... bold.

Copy:

BBCode still works on default installs... [b]bold[/b].

...how do you not know the software you pay for and use...?

That's because it was added after the last update to this thread. Steven simply forgot to update the original post. I think it's very silly to assume he didn't know because this isn't the first time the forums were upgraded. And it takes mere seconds to test for BBCode support.

• Like 3

I'm noticing several posts with missing content. Posts with text being cutoff. Quote boxes missing from posts that quoted other posters so the quoted content is like it's part of the post making it confusing to read.

Just replied to a post on a forum and it attached an image but itself from another post in a separate forum when I edited my post.   Really hope these bugs are squashed quickly.

Not sure this is where to report or if it has been reported, but if a previous link existed before the conversion, it will lead to the actual thread, try clicking my sigs, the same is for any other link that existed!

Any reason why comments on front page articles can't be edited anymore?

And is there any way to disable the double spacing between lines?  Really annoying...

Edit: Yikes, trying to quote a comment from somebody that commented somebody else is completely broken.

Edited by Astra.Xtreme

Any reason why comments on front page articles can't be edited anymore?
You can, the icon just doesn't show right when you post for some reason. refresh the page then the icon shows up allowing you to edit

And is there any way to disable the double spacing between lines?  Really annoying...
The editor follows full Rich Text rules now so just pressing enter does a double space and pressing Shift + Enter does a single line

Edit: Yikes, trying to quote a comment from somebody that commented somebody else is completely broken.
Can't comment on this one as I have not tried it myself

answers in red

The whole news articles in the forums are crap. I quote someone in the forums and it doesn't go in the chain on the front page comments.

This was done by design (adding the comment at the bottom with the quoted text in it), but may not be the best way to go about this.

I'll look into it

The whole comment system had to be changed to make it work with ipb. i'll make improvements as we go :)

answers in red

Thanks for the answers.  :)

Something else I've noticed is that I have to log in "twice".  If I enter my username and password on the home page, when I press enter, it takes me to a new login page with my username and password still filled in. When I press enter again, it then successfully logs in.  So it seems like it doesn't take the info correctly on the main screen.  Sorry for the bad explanation.  Should be easy enough to test though.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a request that may have been made and decided already, but I haven't seen it if it has been.

In the previous version, I could pin forums that I use to the top of the main forums page. Is there any way that could be brought back?