Win 7 Home (Box) to Win 10 Pro from scratch

Hi, not sure if that was asked already, sorry then, just point me to the answer please as I couldn't find it.

I got Win 7 Home (Box) on a laptop, moving to new PC desktop machine, I wanted to put Win 10 Pro from scratch on it (while moving old laptop to Linux).
I imagine I cannot install Win 10 Pro from scratch on new build but I was thinking about installing Win 10 Home first (from scratch)

Got few questions with that:
- can I install Win 10 Home (free) from scratch on new machine providing that I have Win 7 Home box without installing Win 7 on the new box?
- can I buy Win 10 Pro update to Win 10 Home (free)?

Many thanks

Just buy the Pro version...

I thought so but saving extra $100 with "7 Home"->"10 Home"->"10 Pro" upgrade path is rather tempting 

I thought so but saving extra $100 with "7 Home"->"10 Home"->"10 Pro" upgrade path is rather tempting 

join the Windows insiders program when MS make it available again and get it for free.

join the Windows insiders program when MS make it available again and get it for free.

not sure they will start it with Win 10 giving out free copies

not sure they will start it with Win 10 giving out free copies

If you want free, then you can get a free copy by using the reservation app or join Insider program.

If you wait after July 19th 2016, you lose a free offer.