Driver workaround for win10

http://sertacozercan.com/2015/02/how-to-install-latest-intel-graphics-drivers-on-windows-10-technical-preview/

After upgrading to win 10 today I wasn't able to install a lot of drivers, above workaround solved the porblem for me, si if anyone has issues with installing drivers you might consider trying above method ^^

Start > Run "msconfig.exe"

Disable Windows Update.

Boom. Done.

The fact that windows update installs drivers isn't problem.

The problem is that almost all drivers are made for windows 8.1 right now which means windows 10 refuses to install them...

The problem is that almost all drivers are made for windows 8.1 right now which means windows 10 refuses to install them...

I have absolutely no problems with drivers and installations. I did an upgrade, not a full install.

Also, NVidia released the v353.62 Drivers, I upgraded mine, rebooted, upgraded, rebooted and it works now. I have all of my monitors working fine, resolution is awesome.

http://sertacozercan.com/2015/02/how-to-install-latest-intel-graphics-drivers-on-windows-10-technical-preview/

After upgrading to win 10 today I wasn't able to install a lot of drivers, above workaround solved the porblem for me, si if anyone has issues with installing drivers you might consider trying above method ^^

I've got my Intel Bay Trail based box to do later so this might actually be a requirement for the chipset drivers. Intel don't provide the drivers as it's the OEM's responsibility. Thanks in advance.

The one that is giving me issues is my Asus Xonar driver D2. Anyone have an Xonar card and able to get the drivers and/or software to work in Windows 10?

Windows update on Windows 10 isn't going to push Windows 8.1 drivers.

The one that is giving me issues is my Asus Xonar driver D2. Anyone have an Xonar card and able to get the drivers and/or software to work in Windows 10?

Are there drivers available in .inf format? If that's the case you can use the method posted in my first post.

Windows update on Windows 10 isn't going to push Windows 8.1 drivers.

That isn't what I meant, I mean that windows 10 doesn't show any drivers at all or has older drivers then available at intel.com as example.

I have absolutely no problems with drivers and installations. I did an upgrade, not a full install.
Also, NVidia released the v353.62 Drivers, I upgraded mine, rebooted, upgraded, rebooted and it works now. I have all of my monitors working fine, resolution is awesome.

The driver thing is more intel specific and thanks for the nvidia headsup, I didn't knew they released a new driver :D

It's called waiting for the correct drivers to be released before you upgrade, not rocket science. 

And what if your device is just old enough (but still works just fine) that it's not worth the people who make it to have new drivers?

It's not so simple as just waiting.

Are there drivers available in .inf format? If that's the case you can use the method posted in my first post.

I found a community maintained driver that works. But I'll be keeping this page bookmarked for future reference.

It's called waiting for the correct drivers to be released before you upgrade, not rocket science. 

Asus just released a few win 10 drivers a few hours ago but not all drivers are made for win 10 yet or are windows 10 compatible but won't install because they are too lazy to update the .inf file for windows 10(intel) ....

Then wait longer. Your computer will still function on 8.1.

Yeah good idea, let's wait a year and find out that the manufacturer never releases any win 10 drivers...Oh wait win 10 isn't free anymore now :p

If a manufacturer doesn't release win 10 drivers in less then 3 months you can expect to never see those drivers. Besides that, most manufacturers have released windows 10 drivers but are incompetent(intel as example) and forgot to update the .inf file to be compatible with windows 10 :rofl:

I'm bored waiting for a connecting flight, so I'm filling in the time.

Have a nice flight :)