I can't launch media creation tool

Yes I downloaded the proper version. Trying to upgrade on my laptop and it opens but once I try going past upgrade now the app tells me something happened and that's it. 

FIX: Something Happened - Windows 10 Installation Has Failed

You just have to go to Control panel> Language and region> Go to region for United states and then you go to Administrative tap and change the language to English (United States).

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/3f03wc/something_happened_something_happened/

Edited by Copernic

THanks the laptop is now updating but I still can't launch any update on my desktop. I went as far as downloading the ISO from alternative sources - extracted the file and the setup file won't run. I usually don't have a problem installing any file to be honest. 

Did you download the proper version for your OS? 32bit vs 64bit?

I am sticking with with Xenodrome on this one. I'd leave the 32bit version alone. 64 bit is the one you want. But it worked flawlessly on my Toshiba Qosmio X70-AST3GX3. Toshiba doesn't have any windows 10 drivers but I upgraded for anyone who had a laptop/desktop and is afraid to make the jump due to driver concerns. after my update, I had all drivers working, without any problems. for us OEM guys, to reinstall, I'd highly suggest reinstalling the original windows, like my 8.1 THEN, use the .iso or creation tool to upgrade. it saved me from having to surgically pull my drivers from the Toshiba website and install then one by one.

I just saw that Toshiba updated their support to NOW support windows 10

I am sticking with with Xenodrome on this one. I'd leave the 32bit version alone. 64 bit is the one you want. But it worked flawlessly on my Toshiba Qosmio X70-AST3GX3. Toshiba doesn't have any windows 10 drivers but I upgraded for anyone who had a laptop/desktop and is afraid to make the jump due to driver concerns. after my update, I had all drivers working, without any problems. for us OEM guys, to reinstall, I'd highly suggest reinstalling the original windows, like my 8.1 THEN, use the .iso or creation tool to upgrade. it saved me from having to surgically pull my drivers from the Toshiba website and install then one by one.

I just saw that Toshiba updated their support to NOW support windows 10

Well the Media Creation tool, he needs to download the one for the OS he is currently on now. He can't run 64bit apps if his OS is 32bit. The app won't run. The media creation tool lets you pick which distro you want to , 32bit or 64bit if you make the ISO. But if he is doing an upgrade he needs to use the one for his current OS architecture. 

I have 64bit OS and I downloaded the corresponding media creation tool for it. It just won't launch ..I try everything..tried launching as admin etc and nothing worked. On my laptop I got it to launch and now windows 10 is runinng fine but not on my desktop. 

I must add that I was going to try the technical preview and canceled it. But I downloaded the full iso and not even the set up from the iso would run. 

I have 64bit OS and I downloaded the corresponding media creation tool for it. It just won't launch ..I try everything..tried launching as admin etc and nothing worked. On my laptop I got it to launch and now windows 10 is runinng fine but not on my desktop. 

I must add that I was going to try the technical preview and canceled it. But I downloaded the full iso and not even the set up from the iso would run. 

that's strange. either something on your system is doing this or could it be due to your location. are you outside the US? I'm just stabbing in the dark here.