Save your Windows 10 creation tools and .iso's

I have no clear way to say how this will play out but for the un-enlightened, I suggest stashing a copy of the windows creation tool and the .iso file. I might end up having to fork out some cash for a serial installation key to accompany the .iso I downloaded. This iteration of windows, has GOT TO BE the strangest licensing mechanism I've ever witnessed since I started windows in the late 80's with 3.1 (Now that I've given away my age.) :D

being on a disability income(Veterans Affairs), if anyone has extra keys for windows 10 hit me up on a PM if not, I understand. I meant no imposition. I think some folks get windows and can install on multiple machines with their keys since licensing, check and see so I don't cause you to be compromised in any way but I like to be gracious and say thank you ahead of time.

Sincerely,

Chrisj1968

I have no clear way to say how this will play out but for the un-enlightened, I suggest stashing a copy of the windows creation tool and the .iso file. I might end up having to fork out some cash for a serial installation key to accompany the .iso I downloaded. This iteration of windows, has GOT TO BE the strangest licensing mechanism I've ever witnessed since I started windows in the late 80's with 3.1 (Now that I've given away my age.) :D

Once you install Windows 10 upgrade and activate it (from a properly licensed copy of Windows 7 or 8), you can perform clean installs in the future and the activation service will automatically recognise the hardware and activation will be performed without needing to enter a key. 

This article might provide some useful information for you

It's not worth worrying or even thinking about.

I suggest stashing a copy of the windows creation tool and the .iso file.

I have tried about 20 times on 3 different machines to create an ISO and/or the USB option and it has failed each time with the tool from MS. Wish I could create one.

Edited by Rippleman

I have tried about 20 times on 3 different machines to create an IOS and/or the USB option and it has failed each time with the tool from MS. Wish I could create one.

If you go to the page below from a Mac/Linux (or use a browser extension to make it look like you're not using Windows) the page lets you download the ISO files directly. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

Posted a screenshot from Chrome using the 'Chrome UA Spoofer' extension. If you want to try and links generated on that page when I went there I'll paste them below:

x64:

http://software-download.microsoft.com/sg/Win10_English_x64.iso?t=f2551897-055f-47dd-89fb-044c5c684ed1&e=1438752489&h=ae83c1aca2b13a9b92bd91960126cf77

x86:

http://software-download.microsoft.com/sg/Win10_English_x32.iso?t=f2551897-055f-47dd-89fb-044c5c684ed1&e=1438752489&h=68df2ab282a27e51c8cc6a7a758631ce

Capture.JPG

If you go to the page below from a Mac/Linux (or use a browser extension to make it look like you're not using Windows) the page lets you download the ISO files directly. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

Posted a screenshot from Chrome using the 'Chrome UA Spoofer' extension. If you want to try and links generated on that page when I went there I'll paste them below:

x64:

http://software-download.microsoft.com/sg/Win10_English_x64.iso?t=f2551897-055f-47dd-89fb-044c5c684ed1&e=1438752489&h=ae83c1aca2b13a9b92bd91960126cf77

x86:

http://software-download.microsoft.com/sg/Win10_English_x32.iso?t=f2551897-055f-47dd-89fb-044c5c684ed1&e=1438752489&h=68df2ab282a27e51c8cc6a7a758631ce

Your links are working! ty.

Just a FYI, please do not ask for product keys on Neowin. Please obtain these by appropriate legal means, through legit Microsoft channels. Thanks!

If you're on Windows you can also get them from here without any trickery.

As for the OP, right now because Windows 10 is only available for free as an upgrade on top of a legit activated installation of Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 there is no use for a Product Key - it's not necessary for the upgrade, and even if or when you clean install it on the same hardware at a later time, you can skip entering the Product Key because the hardware hash stored on Microsoft's servers is what authorizes the activation.

People are seriously making this much more difficult that it has to be but that's humanity for you.

Upgrade to Windows 10 = free, and clean installs on that same hardware AFTER that upgrade is complete are limitless and a Product Key is never required.

As for the OP, right now because Windows 10 is only available for free as an upgrade on top of a legit activated installation of Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 there is no use for a Product Key - it's not necessary for the upgrade, and even if or when you clean install it on the same hardware at a later time, you can skip entering the Product Key because the hardware hash stored on Microsoft's servers is what authorizes the activation.

People are seriously making this much more difficult that it has to be but that's humanity for you.

Upgrade to Windows 10 = free, and clean installs on that same hardware AFTER that upgrade is complete are limitless and a Product Key is never required.

And that's the problem people whinging about, because if you have a desktop, you'll upgrade at some point (say, a motherboard and a processor) - which means the activation will no longer valid when you do a reinstall

Edited by :: Lyon ::

being on a disability income(Veterans Affairs), if anyone has extra keys for windows 10 hit me up on a PM if not, I understand. I meant no imposition. I think some folks get windows and can install on multiple machines with their keys since licensing, check and see so I don't cause you to be compromised in any way but I like to be gracious and say thank you ahead of time.

Sincerely,

Chrisj1968

what on earth?

how hard is it? upgrade, activate. the licence is stored in your microsoft profile and will activate again if you reinstall on the same hardware?