If you could change anything about win 10, what would it be?

If you could change anything about windows 10, what would it be and why?

For me I would get she of the ribbon that shows up in file explorer, while seeing it is wonderful in many cases (like in office), this is one of those cases where I dont want it there.

The only thing I hate about Windows 10 is the settings app. It is still quite messy in regards to the layout of apps and finding what your after. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't have a problem with the settings panel if only it contained ALL the settings and I never had to go back to the old control panel. Despite the horrible grey/black interface and all the empty space.

I just wish I could pin whatever folder and program I wanted in the left side fo the start menu. That and change the color of the title bars but I assume both of these things will be adressed in the next months.

• Like 1

• WiFi sense is a no-go and should be disabled by default
  • torrent-like distribution of windows updates to other users via internet should be disabled by default or be set on LAN only
  • In my opinion, with windows 10, you give away your privacy because on many parts of the OS, cloud features are enabled by default and you don't know exactly what is going on - I didn't have this feeling with windows 8. There should be a whole section in the settings app, which let's you exactly control what data is stored in the cloud
  • Like 2

The Edge browser needs some work, like extensions support.

The default settings in some of the privacy areas should be set to off and let the user decide to turn them on. 

• Like 1

I'd add back Charms, and re-instate the beautiful Windows 8.1 Start and All Apps pages.

I'd also make sure the dev teams working on the default apps were creating a beautiful unified UX, and that the apps were feature rich.

• Like 2

I'd add back Charms, and re-instate the beautiful Windows 8.1 Start and All Apps pages.

I'd also make sure the dev teams working on the default apps were creating a beautiful unified UX, and that the apps were feature rich.

you could always just use windows 8 you know...

I would change Windows 10 telemetry to be opt-in based. I will shamelessly copy Apple when it comes to consistency of UI.

- a default browser which actually defaults (set your browser default to chrome, reboot, launch Cortana, scroll and select a news article - what does it do?  It asks which browser to use)

- allow the note button in the action center to be set.  Some may want sticky notes, some Notes for Desktop, or Notepad, Wordpad, etc.

- ability to pause one drive sync during heavy streaming; ability to remove one drive (easily)

- edge extensions

- reduce redundancy of "this pc" button and "file explorer" by just having file explorer set to default to this pc selection when open

• Like 2

- reduce redundancy of "this pc" button and "file explorer" by just having file explorer set to default to this pc selection when open

Why it wants to take me to quick links instead of This PC. Idiotic default choice.

Sometimes I wonder when Microsoft is faced with UI decisions, they ask a parrot to draw tarrot cards and then make a decision.

• Like 1

I'd improve privacy controls, really Windows 10 leaves too much open.  Maybe in time we will see Windows 10 evolve with better controls for users.

Why it wants to take me to quick links instead of This PC. Idiotic default choice.

Sometimes I wonder when Microsoft is faced with UI decisions, they ask a parrot to draw tarrot cards and then make a decision.

At least you can change it. It was one of the first things I did.

Agreed. So stupid. I think that is the one thing that might confuse users most of all. here's how to change it

Capture.PNG

• Like 2

Agreed. So stupid. I think that is the one thing that might confuse users most of all. here's how to change it

[snip]

That is the most handy thing ive seen, thanks WarWagon! :D

Where is the work ????? What did they spent it on ???? I feel that windows 8.1 is a stronger OS that 10. I love the metro desktop because I could see everything in seconds.

If you use Windows 10 across different devices it will give you a different experience of the OS.