Windows 10 Upgrade or Fresh Install ? Drivers ?

Hi,

I have windows 7 Ultimate & it seems my pc has automatically downloaded Win 10 even though I did not send any email etc. to MS.

First, is it in  folder named " $Windows ~BT " on C: drive ?

I have Win 10 icon in my sys tray. It is asking if I want to Upgrade to Win 10.

I have a multi-monitor system with 12 monitors on a workstation with 3 AMD FirePro 2460 video cards each driving 4 monitors.

(1) How do I fresh install Win 10 ?

(2) How do I put this Win 10 on a USB pen drive & make it bootable ?

(3) Where can I get Win 10 drivers ? AMD haven't listed them for my workstation & FirePro 2460 video cards.

Thanks

Yes, that folder is where Windows Update downloads the upgrade files.

The procedure for fresh install is annoying unfortunately. First you need to upgrade your existing install, after it activates, your key will be recognised as a valid Windows 10 key. Then you can either do a "Reset" from the Windows boot menu, which will clear out all the files and essentially turn it into a vanilla version - or you can install from a USB disk/DVD and clean install.

You can make a boot friendly USB drive using the MS Media Creator tool (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10) - though this method will redownload the files, so you will need to sit through 3Gb of download or so. You can also download the ISO version, and use a tool like Rufus (https://rufus.akeo.ie/) to make a bootable USB from that ISO

Drivers will all be up to the manufacturers of your hardware. If AMD have not released them, I would advise waiting as your cards are not general consumer video, so they would be pretty crippled with stock vanilla drivers.

First many thanks.

Both of those links doesn't seem to work.

Would MS Win-7 USB/DVD tool burn iso to a pen drive ? That is what I use for Win-7.

My workstation is Dell & they said that Win 8.1 won't run on it but I still tried it & it kept crashing so I guess Win 10 is out of question ?

Thank ATARI.

What about the key in that case ? I don't have it.

For upgrade, you don't need a key. Free copy of Windows 10 for this reason for upgrade.

For clean install on fresh system, you need a key which you have to buy a key.

But after you upgrade, you can do the clean install by doing the reset in recovery.

So let me see if I understood what you mean.

First I go thru a process of upgrading ( Which could be a painful task ), then " I can do the clean install by doing the reset in recovery "

Can you please explain how do I go about it ?

Many Thanks