File sharing issues

I'm on a local network with 2 other systems, one 7 and one 10 pro. I'm running 10 pro and can not access the other 10 system, when I attempt to it asks for a username/password and despite being given one, it refuses to accept it. Now the other 10 system can only access my share when I pause Kaspesky Total Security, despite the network being set as trusted. I have no idea what else is interfering with the sharing process because when we both did an upgrade vs the clean install, we had no problem with file sharing, but now when we did a clean install, the issue suddenly shows up.

Does Windows 10 require that we use IPV6? The router we have does not support IPV6 and I seem to recall reading something that said in order to use homegroups IPV6 had to be enabled/supported.  Regardless no mater what we try I am still unable to access the other 10 machine, it keeps requesting a username and password and does not accept the logon username/password. I am perplexed by this whole thing since it worked when we were both running the Upgrade of 10 but now with a clean install it refuses.

Does Windows 10 require that we use IPV6? The router we have does not support IPV6 and I seem to recall reading something that said in order to use homegroups IPV6 had to be enabled/supported.  Regardless no mater what we try I am still unable to access the other 10 machine, it keeps requesting a username and password and does not accept the logon username/password. I am perplexed by this whole thing since it worked when we were both running the Upgrade of 10 but now with a clean install it refuses.

no mate it doesn't need IPv6.

what happens if you map the shares via Map network drive (submit the destination credentials and password) also make sure in windows network its set up as a private network ;)

I have the other comp on the same network. We finally fixed it by adding each other to family. The we just needed to login to the share with our Windows Live ID and password.

I have the other comp on the same network. We finally fixed it by adding each other to family. The we just needed to login to the share with our Windows Live ID and password.

That may only work for the Windows 10 PC, since Windows 7 doesn't authenticate via Windows Live IDs.

Well we just discovered that Kaspesky Total Security was blocking network traffic for some strange reason, so we assigned our static IP addresses and with the windows live account we are able to access each others computers.

Well we just discovered that Kaspesky Total Security was blocking network traffic for some strange reason, so we assigned our static IP addresses and with the windows live account we are able to access each others computers.

if ip addresses are being handed out through dhcp, that's not going to work out well.. I could be wrong.

if ip addresses are being handed out through dhcp, that's not going to work out well.. I could be wrong.

We have assigned addresses to our PC's for port forwarding purposes, so it will stay the same.

I found that logging in to networked computers (all Windows 10 machines) with the SAME Microsoft account causes intermittent network connections. Using local accounts on a machines in the network makes ALL visible to each other. This is in the Network (local) and not Homegroup.

I'm on a local network with 2 other systems, one 7 and one 10 pro. I'm running 10 pro and can not access the other 10 system, when I attempt to it asks for a username/password and despite being given one, it refuses to accept it. Now the other 10 system can only access my share when I pause Kaspesky Total Security, despite the network being set as trusted. I have no idea what else is interfering with the sharing process because when we both did an upgrade vs the clean install, we had no problem with file sharing, but now when we did a clean install, the issue suddenly shows up.

Looks like an issue with Kaspersky.

Looks like an issue with Kaspersky.

kaspesky,Windows 10 and the firewall were the issues, again Kaspersky was blocking local network traffic by default which obviously it should not.