X1 Kinect keeps on turning off

Buy a standalone kinect from the store and test it... if it has same problem.. then it could be something else in the console or whatever it is...  you can take it back for refund.

If no problems on new kinect, then your old one is damaged. You can either keep the new one or take it back. 

Not sure where you are located at but here is a link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-one-kinect-sensor-black/8462033.p?id=1219336313412&skuId=8462033

So that narrows it down to these things:

A. A fan in the Kinect that isn't spinning fast enough or even at all if it isn't getting power when triggered by the temperature system, if that is even working.

B. A Kinect internal power regulator issue/fault with its other control electronics

C. Something wrong with the supply voltage and data bus on the dedicated Kinect port from the Xbox One. This we can't test for as you don't have another known working Kinect to test on your console, but is a possibility.

Ah, I love this job :)

Ok so a couple days ago I actually went in to settings and turned off the kinect.  I kept the kinect connected to the back of the console.  Just turned the kinect back in in settings and it power right up.  Waiting for it to go off.

I had the same problem for several weeks before doing everything imaginable to fix it. I did a full reset (10 seconds, also resets while making sure the sleep mode isn't on), unplugged the Kinect multiple times, recalibrated it, everything. It's now been working for a month, and I'm not quite sure what fixed my problem (if it is indeed fixed) since I did so many things. Like you, I was getting the notification that the Kinect was unplugged in one of the corners of my screen (top right, I believe), and it wouldn't recognize voice prompts or display any lights whatsoever.

ok, so last time it disconnected I unpluged it and took some compressed and blew out the connection port on the back, the console, and the kinect.  It was a little dusty but not bad  Dust did not shoot our or anything.  It has now been on for an hour and it is still working.  Of course as soon as I post this, probably will disconnect again, 

If it does disconnect again, I am going to do a factory reset to make sure I have tried everything.  If a factory reset does not work, then I am going to get the kinect replaced.

I had the same problem for several weeks before doing everything imaginable to fix it. I did a full reset (10 seconds, also resets while making sure the sleep mode isn't on), unplugged the Kinect multiple times, recalibrated it, everything. It's now been working for a month, and I'm not quite sure what fixed my problem (if it is indeed fixed) since I did so many things. Like you, I was getting the notification that the Kinect was unplugged in one of the corners of my screen (top right, I believe), and it wouldn't recognize voice prompts or display any lights whatsoever.

Yea, what is happening to me.

Ok, when I went to bed last night, the kinect was still on and working 100 percent for 7hrs.  Normally it would shut off after 10 - 30 minutes. So maybe cleaning it out with the compressed air worked (knock on wood).  Just tried it in a whim since someone else posted that fixed their problem.  We shall see in about 9hrs or so when I get home.  Did not have a chance to test it before I left for work.

Yea, what is happening to me.

Add me to the list too.

About four months ago mine started doing the same thing, and on random occasions would still work. 
I'll try cleaning it out later and see if it makes a difference.

Mine did the same thing.  Turned off when the console was in standby.  Always did that but this is a bigger issue.  The console does not even see the connect attached.

Are you sure your power brick is ok? I had different issues but after replacing it, they went away.

Add me to the list too.

About four months ago mine started doing the same thing, and on random occasions would still work. 
I'll try cleaning it out later and see if it makes a difference.

May want to try the following as well if you have not.  This fixed it for a lot of people....

1) Press/hold the XBOX logo the console for 10 seconds or until the X1 turns completely off.

2) Unplug the power from the back of the console and the wall and then unplug the kinect.

3) Make sure the light on the power brick is off (this may take a min or 2) and then plug the power back in leaving the kinect disconnected.

4) Power up the X1 and then got to Settings/Kinect.  From here it will tell you to plug in your Kinect.  May take a few seconds but the Kinect should power up and you should see that it is working.

Also, heard reports that plugging the X1 in to a power strip will cause issues and needs to be plugged in to the wall.  People are staying that the power brick for the X1 has built in power protection.  Not sure on that really.  And not sure if cleaning it out will fix my issue either.  Just saw a couple reports that it did.  If it is working when I get home in several hours, that is a good sign.

Are you sure your power brick is ok? I had different issues but after replacing it, they went away.

What issues were you having?  Everything else on the X1 works just fine and from what I have been seeing the past 2 years worth of posts, never was it mentioned that the power brick could be the cause of the kinect issues.  Not saying it couldnt be and is something to check if all else fails.

What issues were you having?  Everything else on the X1 works just fine and from what I have been seeing the past 2 years worth of posts, never was it mentioned that the power brick could be the cause of the kinect issues.  Not saying it couldnt be and is something to check if all else fails.

I was having connectivity issues, like the controllers would disconnect and wifi would drop out all the time.

I was having connectivity issues, like the controllers would disconnect and wifi would drop out all the time.

Ahh, yea I never had any of those issues.  I know controllers disconnecting has been an issue for some but never had those issues.

techback, Mine is plugged in the surge protector ... it's fine since the day one.

So has mine but was just something I read and seemed to have fixed for some people so thought I would share.

People are staying that the power brick for the X1 has built in power protection.  Not sure on that really.  And not sure if cleaning it out will fix my issue either.  Just saw a couple reports that it did.  If it is working when I get home in several hours, that is a good sign.

It's a switchmode supply, they have overvoltage, undervoltage, and surge protection up to 4000V. There's also a fan and heatsink in it too, so cleaning it out will help.

As with a PC, a dodgy PSU can cause all sorts of weird issues. If the output is fluctuating because the internal regulation is dodgy you'll notice it when the console's under moderate load. They're really good supplies though, a LOT better than the ones in the PS4. The reason MS kept them external all this time is because they're really advanced microcontrolled supplies, whereas Sony have to keep the size down to keep it internal.

May want to try the following as well if you have not.  This fixed it for a lot of people....

1) Press/hold the XBOX logo the console for 10 seconds or until the X1 turns completely off.

2) Unplug the power from the back of the console and the wall and then unplug the kinect.

3) Make sure the light on the power brick is off (this may take a min or 2) and then plug the power back in leaving the kinect disconnected.

4) Power up the X1 and then got to Settings/Kinect.  From here it will tell you to plug in your Kinect.  May take a few seconds but the Kinect should power up and you should see that it is working.

Also, heard reports that plugging the X1 in to a power strip will cause issues and needs to be plugged in to the wall.  People are staying that the power brick for the X1 has built in power protection.  Not sure on that really.  And not sure if cleaning it out will fix my issue either.  Just saw a couple reports that it did.  If it is working when I get home in several hours, that is a good sign.

That first list is one of the things i first tried, to no avail. Pretty much tried everything you have to except cleaning it out.
I'm not sure on the power strip thing, i'll have a look when i'm home as i can;t remember if it's directly plugged in to the wall or an extension.

One thing i was pondering was damaged cabling, or cable interference. I used to help build recording studios and found a huge amount of issues with cable cross talk. Maybe the mass of cables behind my TV isn't helping? I'll have a sort out later.

Well, 48hrs and it worked perfectly and then turned off again.  So did a factory reset and now I am watching it turn off, on, off, on, off, on.  Cycled like that 4 times in the past 5min.  So I will probably put in a request to get it replaced in the next day or so.  Sucks but I have exhausted all my options.

Well, 48hrs and it worked perfectly and then turned off again.  So did a factory reset and now I am watching it turn off, on, off, on, off, on.  Cycled like that 4 times in the past 5min.  So I will probably put in a request to get it replaced in the next day or so.  Sucks but I have exhausted all my options.

Can you try it on someone elses Xbox One and try theirs on yours incase it is the Xbox itself that has gone ###### up?

Can you try it on someone elses Xbox One and try theirs on yours incase it is the Xbox itself that has gone ###### up?

Unless someone wants to send me their kinect, I dont know anyone close to me that has one I can use to test.  But everything I have read over the reports the past couple years on this issue states it is the kinect, not the console.  Its a well known issue.

Oddly enough, after it power on and off several times, it is now been on or over an hour.

Well, this topic apparently jinxed me. After about a month of it working with no problems, it's now gone back to not working until I unplug and plug it back in several times (if lucky).

Well, this topic apparently jinxed me. After about a month of it working with no problems, it's now gone back to not working until I unplug and plug it back in several times (if lucky

Sucks.  What is odd is mine went from going off every 10 min after a hard reset, to every 2 days.  Like clockwork.  I may be borrowing a kinect for a few days from a coworkers son and hopefully I can to test and make sure it is the kinect.  If i get another kinect to test with, will report results back here.  Otherwise, going to bite the bullet and get it exchanged for $70 and hope that is the problem.

So, no luck in borrowing another kinect.  Think i am going to wait for another update or to see if I get in to the preview program before I replace it.  Still seems to stay off for 2 days, then go off.  What is odd is that it has been off the past couple of days and just turned back on last night.  Fun fun fun

Appears to be working better after the 9/9/15 update.  Tho it doesnt look like the updated had anything to do with it  Been on a lot more lately.  Making me think it is a software issue.  Going to wait to get the kinect replaced.  Weird tho.