show desktop disappeared from Windows 10 start

Don't know if anyone else has encountered this since the Windows 10 upgrade. My 'show desktop' tile from the start screen has vanished into thin air. It's not listed in 'all apps'. I'm pretty sure to the point of being absolutely sure that I've not unpinned/removed it! Tried the workarounds that were out there for Windows8.1 (download the shortcut into Program Data/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs) but that didn't work. Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

Does Windows 10 even have a desktop tile? It doesn't on my work computer, that I'm currently sitting at.

In desktop mode, you don't need it as the desktop is always, at least partially, visible.

In tablet mode, you just press the Window button.

The simple answer:  There is no tile for the desktop mold. . .what would be the point of having one?. . .:)

Maybe it's my Surface playing up then. When in tablet mode, pressing the Window button does nothing, and just shows the start screen with the tiles. Will have a tinker tonight and see what I can do. Thanks so far...

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem and it's really annoying, doesn't seem to be any workaround for it either.  It's quite tragically comical that Microsoft decided to give people the choice of start menu/screen as the menu fans had been asking yet decided to also cripple the start screen to make start menu look better :(

You can create a shortcut and pin it to Start or Taskbar.

1. Right-click in a folder or on the desktop, select New ---> Shortcut.
  2. Type this for the target box:  
    %windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{3080F90D-D7AD-11D9-BD98-0000947B0257}

3. Save your new shortcut, right-click on it and select Pin to Start.

Tested on Windows 10 Pro build 10240 with Surface Pro 3.

On a Win10 PC Desktop there is a tiny tiny what I call button just to the right of the clock bottom right corner.

This "Button" is much wider on Win7 and its very narrow on Win10 it's hardly noticeable, probably useless on a touch screen but perfectly OK once you know its their when using a mouse.