Final Fantasy 14, does anyone play?

I tried to get into TESO a few times but hated it. Already offloaded my copy. Jumped on the FF14 bandwagon instead and much prefer it. Approaching level 50 now, have been playing for a few weeks.

Tons to do and it is more like a traditional MMO than TESO. I play on the Ultros server. If anyone is considering trying it out or resubscribing we can share recruit a friend codes I guess. Both parties get some neat items.

I started it just under two weeks ago, someone suggested it to me in order to stop me having bad thoughts, said it might help. Lvl 38 - only thing I don't like is the forced dungons, I know they are part of the story, but would still prefer to choose when to do them

I tried to get into FFXIV but couldn't. It's okay, but it's too silly for me and questing through the zones felt terribly boring as a melee class, since I pretty much had nothing to do at all in combat. I wonder if it's improved since…

• Like 1

I tried to get into FFXIV but couldn't. It's okay, but it's too silly for me and questing through the zones felt terribly boring as a melee class, since I pretty much had nothing to do at all in combat. I wonder if it's improved since…

I play as a summoner. Closest I can compare it to is a WoW Warlock. Managing dots and stuff.

WoW is still the king of combat, FF14 isn't nearly as good, but I enjoy the overall package. As a fan of Final Fantasy besides 13, all the lore, enemies and settings appeal to me.

I play as a summoner. Closest I can compare it to is a WoW Warlock. Managing dots and stuff.

WoW is still the king of combat, FF14 isn't nearly as good, but I enjoy the overall package. As a fan of Final Fantasy besides 13, all the lore, enemies and settings appeal to me.

Nice. Warlock is one of my favourite classes in WoW. Ahh, I miss the game sometimes.

I think having played and enjoyed the rest of the series helps… I played some of the early games back in the day, but that's about it. The setting in the game feels really strange to me, since I'm not at all familiar with it.

I agree with you though, the overall package is pretty good. I just couldn't get into the combat, and considering how big a part of the game it is, I couldn't keep going. :)

I tried the beta on PC & PS3. Can't say I was that drawn into it. Too much speak to forgettable NPC A, locate forgettable NPC B and bump into side quest orientated NPC C - what did NPC A want again?

• Like 1

If anyone is going to sub soonish I will pimp my recruit code to get us items :) 

2T4RX3UC

I have it for PC but my account expired and I didn't bother renewing.   Played the beta on PS4 and found it worked quite well.. but mouse and keyboard still wins out.

I have it for PC but my account expired and I didn't bother renewing.   Played the beta on PS4 and found it worked quite well.. but mouse and keyboard still wins out.

Renew now! (and redeem my friend code :P)

I actually find it's one of the few MMOs that can use a gamepad really well.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a very good MMO. I have tried to get into it a couple times and hasn't kept me subbed for more than a month. But I think that's mainly because I have trouble with the GCD being 1.5-2.0 seconds and the combat feels slow and rotation-y to me.

However, the leveling experience is fun, the worlds are great, the profession system is a nice take, and overall a very polished MMO.

If you are interested I say, give it a try. I've been playing WoW for too long and the long GCD of FFXIV was an issue, but if you can get over by all means, play it :)