Mafia III announced for 2016, new trailer

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/08/05/mafia-3-exposes-the-dirty-new-face-of-organized-crime-gamescom-2015

Organized crime has always had its go-to goons. The wise guys with slicked back hair, wingtipped shoes, and suits impeccably pinstriped. That romanticized imagery has been the well-tread territory of the Mafia series so far, but that’s changing with the arrival of Mafia 3.

Set in 1968, Mafia 3 stars a brand new protagonist, Lincoln Clay. He’s half-black, half-white, which matters since his story unfolds in the deep south of New Orleans, where outward, violent racism was a part of everyday life at the time. Clay’s got it tough, because he also grew up an orphan, constantly looking for family, which he found in the army during the Vietnam War. Suffice it to say, he’s seen some things.

• Like 1

great, i will play.

though i have to say mafia 2 was not like mafia 1.   mafia 1 was a better version of GTA.  the cars, the setting, the story were perfect.

mafia 2 was ok.  felt much lesser in scale.   but a decent game anyhow.

lets hope 3 will be good.

I am looking forward to playing it, but shouldn't a "Mafia" game have Italian/Sicilian protagonists? A gangster game could have anyone, but aren't Mafia members Italians or Sicilians? Frankly, blacks are about as welcome in La Cosa Nostra as they are in the Klan.

• Like 1

I am looking forward to playing it, but shouldn't a "Mafia" game have Italian/Sicilian protagonists? A gangster game could have anyone, but aren't Mafia members Italians or Sicilians? Frankly, blacks are about as welcome in La Cosa Nostra as they are in the Klan.

Answer: No

Answer: No

Based on what? Not a lot of Germans or Irish or Chinese in the Mafia. There might be other organised crime syndicates like the Yakuza or Russian mobsters but they aren't The Mafia

Again, not suggesting the game is going to suck. I just thought that The Mafia was a specific crime group.

Based on what? Not a lot of Germans or Irish or Chinese in the Mafia. There might be other organised crime syndicates like the Yakuza or Russian mobsters but they aren't The Mafia

Again, not suggesting the game is going to suck. I just thought that The Mafia was a specific crime group.

A little of column A, a little of column B

The term was originally applied to the Sicilian Mafia, but has since expanded to encompass other organizations of similar methods and purpose, e.g. "the Russian Mafia", "the Japanese Mafia", "the Albanian Mafia" or "Maltese Mafia". The term is applied informally by the press and public; the criminal organizations themselves have their own terms (e.g. the Sicilian and American Mafia call themselves "Cosa Nostra", the Mexican Mafia calls itself La Eme and the "Japanese Mafia" calls itself yakuza).

When used alone and without any qualifier, "Mafia" typically refers to either the Sicilian Mafia or the Italian-American Mafia.

FWIW, the Italian lieutenant to the protagonist is the guy you play as in Mafia II.