Is it possible to get Pro again for me

I'm in the Windows Insider program, while on it I was able to obtain the final build of Windows 10 Pro, however in order to do a clean install I had to go back to Windows 8 then upgrade to Windows 10, since my computer originally had Windows 8 Home installed, the Microsoft Upgrade tool installed Windows 10 Home on my PC, so I wonder if there's a way for me to get back in Pro or will I be stuck in Home which would really suck? lol I understand I shouldn't complain because I'm still getting home for free, but it would be nice to get the Pro version again. I'm afraid if I do an upgrade of Home now to Pro using the DVD I created from the pro .ISO Windows will not activate.

Any ideas?

You should have upgraded through the Insider program then reset the PC from Settings, which would give you pro. You can also just pay for Pro ($99 I believe). 

Yea, I am wondering why you didnt just upgrade through the insider program? Reinstall your insider program build, then let it upgrade that to RTM and youll have it.

It all boils down to this – in order to get Windows 10 RTM (Home or Pro) on 29 July 2015 you need to take the following steps:

• Be a registered member of the Windows Insider Program.
  • Install build 10130 of the Windows 10 Insider Preview.
  • Set up Windows 10 build 10130 using your Microsoft Account. The next build released to Windows Insiders will ask you to connect your Microsoft Account if not in order to validate that system for downloading of future builds. No Microsoft Account – no Fast or Slow Ring build after the next build is released. If you are an Insider and forget to connect your Microsoft Account there will be reminders beginning in the next Windows Insider Preview release which could come at any time.

You should have upgraded through the Insider program then reset the PC from Settings, which would give you pro. You can also just pay for Pro ($99 I believe). 

I was unable to do the Reset, it failed every time :-( that's why I had to go this route.

What were you resetting? I dont follow? You shouldve, stayed on the insider program, let it do the upgrade, check that it was activated, then you can just use a retail ISO to clean install.

What were you resetting? I dont follow? You shouldve, stayed on the insider program, let it do the upgrade, check that it was activated, then you can just use a retail ISO to clean install.

Nope, negative, that's what it's supposed to happen but check Here and Here I was unable to do that, and it looks that I'm not the only one.

Circaflex advise is wrong dont waste your time on it.

Originally the way people got activated was via the inssider keys, they were activation keys, these keys are now blocked.  The reason testers are activated on RTM, is because they were already pre activated.  So basically if you inactivated on an earlier build, you will stay inactivated on RTM.

To be activated on RTM you have to come from a qualifying activated windows.  I was lucky that I have dozens of windows 7 licenses, so I ate the cost of microsoft's failure to get back on to win10 pro insider build via a windows 7 pro install.

• Like 2

Circaflex advise is wrong dont waste your time on it.

Originally the way people got activated was via the inssider keys, they were activation keys, these keys are now blocked.  The reason testers are activated on RTM, is because they were already pre activated.  So basically if you inactivated on an earlier build, you will stay inactivated on RTM.

To be activated on RTM you have to come from a qualifying activated windows.  I was lucky that I have dozens of windows 7 licenses, so I ate the cost of microsoft's failure to get back on to win10 pro insider build via a windows 7 pro install.

Thanks, I actually ended up re-installing Win8.1 upgrading to 10 for free, then buying a discounted Windows 10 Pro license for $99 from the store, then doing a clean install, I think Win 10 is worth the $99.