Run Android Apps(apk) On Windows 10 Mobile

It was known for quite a while that MS was cooking Project Astoria, a project to run Android apps on windows Phones.

Yesterday a Chinese guy leaked the Astoria tools, and people were able to port apk's to Windows 10 Mobile, it requires minimum Build 10149, but "Build 10166 is better". and the models supported are Lumias:

Nokia Lumia 920
Nokia Lumia 925
Nokia Lumia 929 (icon)
Nokia Lumia 830
Nokia Lumia 930
Nokia Lumia 1520
Nokia Lumia 635 (1GRam)
Nokia Lumia 730
Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia Lumia 435
Nokia Lumia 928

Some guys had succeeded in porting apk's, and said it's running "awesome". :laugh:

nv5bPSY.jpg

Naturally, I couldn't post download links for the Astoria tools which are under MS NDA.

And so it begins, now the question is, will devs make the move or will W10M users who need specific apps go about it illegally?   I think in the end, with how easy it is to just switch a few services from google over to MS, and post the app up on the store, they'll go ahead and do it that way instead of forcing users to get their apps illegally and sideload them.

Really the only thing I could see myself using this for is Fallout Shelter when Android gets it here in a few days... assuming it runs it well enough. :p

And so it begins, now the question is, will devs make the move or will W10M users who need specific apps go about it illegally?   I think in the end, with how easy it is to just switch a few services from google over to MS, and post the app up on the store, they'll go ahead and do it that way instead of forcing users to get their apps illegally and sideload them.

I believe MS will make sure everything is legally done before they roll out this feature publicly, even as a beta in a Windows Preview.

Whether people do it "illegally" is something else. :)