Question regarding my new Macbook Pro 13" display

Hey guys I just got my first Macbook Pro 13 inch. I have a question regarding the display on this laptop. Anyway, my question is with LED backlight, does that means the display will not turn yellow like those old LCD after sometime.

LEDs should last longer but doesn't mean the light will never fade over some years.

You should just enjoy it and not think about those things.... you will probably get a new one before that happens.

Almost all lcd screens have a led backlight these days and led's have a life time of 10 to 15 years, and even then they will probably not stop working but just emit less light. So yeah, worry about dead pixels instead of the backlight :p

• Like 2

It means you will die.

Honeslty, who cares about what it will do in the distant future ?   Are you one of those people who look @ MTBF of SSD and think that the one that last 10 years sucks ?  

Haha nope. I was thinking maybe I should lower my brightness to make it last longer. SSD there is no way to prolong its life so I do not really care. Guess I don't have to do that. :) Thanks guys!

As someone who has been using Mac laptop's since the Powerbook G3, I can promise you the least of your worries is going to be the display dying. I have only had that happen to 1* of the at least 10 I have personally used over the years (all luckily supplied by employers).
Hard Drive failures are by far the most common issue I have come across.
Then there have been a few graphics card dying related issues.
And one or two issues with the logic/motherboards dying completely. Also some faulty Ram modules.
* The one time the display died was probably because it dropped off a table about 4 feet from the ground.