adguard for edge and works well

I'm on 5.10 and it doesn't block ads on Edge

it works  well for me   did you  set  it up  right   did  you  close  the edge brower  why you install  it ?   if you  re  open it  after  you  install it  it  sould be  working  %100  for  you

I'm on 5.10 and it doesn't block ads on Edge

You have to enable the WFP network driver in Adguard to enable filtering in Edge.

Keep in mind though, some antivirus programs like Kaspersky, Bitdefender and ESET's NOD32/Smart Security do have incompatibilities with Adguard's WFP driver - when they're detected on a system Adguard will disable the WFP driver. In the case of Kaspersky it's an incompatibility Kaspersky will need to fix in their own WFP driver. The incompatibility with Bitdefender will be fixed in Adguard v6. As for ESET, not sure about that one.

Read this topic about the Kaspersky incompatibility and this topic about the Bitdefender incompatibility.

• Like 2

I'm still waiting for Ad Muncher 5.0, should be out any day now... I wish. I'm starting to think he's abandoned it.

Ever since it's become freeware development has basically dropped quickly. Now I'm using Adguard as well and it works just as well.

If you can't afford Adguard, you can sign up to join the beta testing program. Beta testers get a 1 year free license.

• Like 1

If you can't afford Adguard, you can sign up to join the beta testing program. Beta testers get a 1 year free license.

And if your beta tester key is about to expire, just PM a developer and they'll give you a new key.

You have to enable the WFP network driver in Adguard to enable filtering in Edge.

Keep in mind though, some antivirus programs like Kaspersky, Bitdefender and ESET's NOD32/Smart Security do have incompatibilities with Adguard's WFP driver - when they're detected on a system Adguard will disable the WFP driver. In the case of Kaspersky it's an incompatibility Kaspersky will need to fix in their own WFP driver. The incompatibility with Bitdefender will be fixed in Adguard v6. As for ESET, not sure about that one.

Read this topic about the Kaspersky incompatibility and this topic about the Bitdefender incompatibility.

Thank you!  Wasn't even aware of that. Now it's working.  In the forums they just say to add Edge as a browser, but it's already there.  I think it was old advice from an older build.

Using AdGuard here too and it seems to work really well with edge. If I add too many filters though it does seem to become unstable, sticking with just the basic filter is working well though :)

I would advise caution and patience. Third party "hacks" on effectively beta software in a larger package can lead to stability and security issues.

Adguard isn't a "hack".

It is a developing program with an outside source interfering with its processes.

i'm       not sure     how many spaces      to put   in     between    my words  but 3 sounds      good    maybe    I'lll put   4  this time    Nah, 2  Punctuation whats     that

I'm happy sticking with Firefox and Adblock Plus.  It's free, offers more customization, and in my own experience, Edge is flaky, crashes semi-frequently, and is incredibly basic in terms of what it offers.  However, it's good to know that there's an anti-ad solution out there for Edge that I can buy if suddenly I don't have bills to pay.  ;-)

• 1 month later...