IE6 - restrictions ???

when I choose SaveTargetAs... option from the pop up menu in IE i get this -

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system admin."

:ponder: question is how do i get it back to normal ???

does it do the same if u log in as administrator ??

if u don't have an administrator account.. then check the settings on your own account and see if u have put changed to "user" etc.... u should be set to at least power user or above (preferrably administrator)

Try this: Open IE, click on tools, then internet options, then the security tab. Make sure the internet icon is selected then click custom level. Scroll down to file download and make sure enabled is selected. Click ok then yes in the confirmation dialog box, the ok again. It should work now :)

i am the admin account!

and file download IS enabled in internet options!

donno what is going on...

i will try to logon as the admininstrator and see if it makes any diff.

allright, i have created a new account and the 'save as' worked fine... but i like my account and i have spent a lot of time setting everything up the way i like it, so if you got any more ideas on how to get it to work please tell me.

i am running out of ideas and dont know what to try next :ermm: )

help

Try searching the Registry for the following key :

Key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersion

PoliciesExplorer]

Value Name: NoFileUrl

Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)

Value Data: (0 = Enable File URLs, 1 = Disable)

if this option is set you are not allowed to download any files. If not i have have no idea ...

But to easily change the User just copy the complete profile to another user you created before. Do not copy only the files ! You have to copy the PROFILE under Controll Settings, User Management .... Good luck

BoaVista

if this option is set you are not allowed to download any files. If not i have have no idea ...

nope its not even there.

thanks anyway - i guess i'll have to switch users and copy files and settings etc. maybe one day - no time for it now.

well at least i can still you flashget to download most of the links.

and "open" still works, which downloads files first anyway.

so i guess i could live with that.

thanks boa