daughter had an appendectomy

We were getting ready for church and my youngest daughter complained of her lower right abdomen hurting her since the night before. Since I had mine removed, I did the SAME test that doctors do called a "reflex" test. you push down and let up and if the pain is still the same or there, chances are, its your appendix. spent 8 hours watching my baby suffer. It is literal hell when you know how much your child hurts, where it hurts and can't do anything about it.

needless to say I took her to the ER and they promptly diagnosed her. a couple hours later she was under the knife. She's resting now, possibly could come home tomorrow if all goes well. But I'm guessing most of this week will be in bed resting.

I'm tired, so thanks for listening guys.

• Like 3

spent 8 hours watching my baby suffer. It is literal hell when you know how much your child hurts, where it hurts and can't do anything about it.

Heh, still daddy's baby, no matter how old they get! ;)  As it should be, too!

I'm glad she's on the mend!

We were getting ready for church and my youngest daughter complained of her lower right abdomen hurting her since the night before. Since I had mine removed, I did the SAME test that doctors do called a "reflex" test. you push down and let up and if the pain is still the same or there, chances are, its your appendix. spent 8 hours watching my baby suffer. It is literal hell when you know how much your child hurts, where it hurts and can't do anything about it.

needless to say I took her to the ER and they promptly diagnosed her. a couple hours later she was under the knife. She's resting now, possibly could come home tomorrow if all goes well. But I'm guessing most of this week will be in bed resting.

I'm tired, so thanks for listening guys.

I can't imagine the stress or fear a parent feels seeing their child suffer. I am happy that the ordeal had a positive outcome. :)

thanks guys. The good news is, she didn't have the same problem after the appendectomy that causes the Dr. to resect the bowel. I was praying that she would avoid that and she has! :D She'll be home later today and bed rest. I got with her school about her homework assignments. When your kid is going through something that you've been through before, The concern, sadness, pain everything hits the surface. I was beat by the time I got home. I'm going back to bed and getting some more rest.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. thank you all!

Heh, still daddy's baby, no matter how old they get! ;)  As it should be, too!

I'm glad she's on the mend!

oh man you're right. I was emotionally and physically drained after 8 hours of hell. but she's home resting. I'm cooking a high protein diner of egg salad sandwiches to help her body get protein. I asked the doctors to be careful of her bowels vascular because of how I lost all my bowel since my doctor messed me up and they assured me I was a special case.. (oh goodie!). lol. But thanks a million for the kind and warmest thoughts. You are great people. -thanks.

Chrisj1968 (Y)

They do Laparoscopic for those these days.  Less pain and much faster recovery.

they did a test(of the surgeons at this hospital) to see who could do it the fastest, correctly, 11 minutes. But we went slow and took an hour.

Well, as a parent myself that just went out of a 2 year hell because of my daughter, i know the feels you must have been passed. Rest alot because she will need you to be in shape.

Kind hugs and big "get well soon"!

they did a test(of the surgeons at this hospital) to see who could do it the fastest, correctly, 11 minutes. But we went slow and took an hour.

An hour is about normal for that kind of surgery.  I had mine appendix removed 15 years ago or so by Laparoscopic.  Was up and back to work a few days later.  Just meant Laparoscopic heals faster after.  The old school way, normally out of commission for a few weeks.