Teen Named a Hero After Saving Kidnapped Woman

The extraordinary actions taken by Canadian one teen may have saved the life of a young woman.

"I don't think of myself as a hero, I'm just a normal guy," Malyk Bonnet told Dateline NBC. "I guess I saved a life, though, and that's really awesome."

It started on August 1, when Bonnet, 17, was making his way home in the north end of Montreal, Canada, after finishing his shift at a local restaurant. At the bus stop, he noticed a couple fighting. The pair approached him and asked for bus fare to the town of Laval. Bonnet says he got a funny feeling, but he agreed to stop and break his bills at a nearby convenience store.
""The man was out smoking and the girl asked me to help her, that he wouldn't let her go home, that she wanted to go home," Bonnet remembers. "That's when I knew something was really wrong and I needed to help.""

Not wanting to leave the young woman alone, Bonnet says he formulated a plan stay with the two. Although he lives in Montreal, Bonnet accompanied the couple saying he, too, was heading home to Laval.

"My plan was to keep them in a public place where he wouldn't hurt her. I decided to be friendly with the man and have him think I was his friend. I played my game and he seemed to trust me," said Bonnet.

Little did Bonnet know, the police had been desperately searching for the couple after the woman's family reported her missing earlier that day.

Source and more