Looking for a small yet decently powered computer

I'm looking for a small computer around the size of Gigabyte's Brix. I know they're not the only game in town for a computer that size. I'll be using it as a practice dummy PC for Windows Server but when I finish it will take over as a media server while running a few games (nothing crazy in the game department). Any recommendations?

i7 Broadwell NUC is pretty amazing from what I have read

I have the i5 Haswell version and use it as my main desktop. It is awesome and I love it.

I forgot about the vivo pc.  probably the same size as the gigabyte or smaller.  Slightly bigger than a 3.5" drive. 

here is with the top open exposing the 3.5" drive.  You can purchase it with a ssd if you wish.  Not as powerful as the ROG though.

asus_vivopc_2.jpg

I could be that they are not well known.  I personally never heard of them before.

I take it you don't shop on NewEgg often?

That's where I've seen Zotac. I haven't bought anything from them, I'm picky when it comes down to things. Especially electronics.

daily to weekly.  I don't go there looking for home computers or gaming computers though, we have terms with their business side. 

I figured that would be the case. I see Zotac mostly with cases, psus and graphics.

Frankly, I'm not a huge fan of Compact PCs, they make me a little nervous. If this was a server, HP MicroServer Gen8 would be my suggestion, but you want Desktop style, haha.

I forgot about the vivo pc.  probably the same size as the gigabyte or smaller.  Slightly bigger than a 3.5" drive. 

here is with the top open exposing the 3.5" drive.  You can purchase it with a ssd if you wish.  Not as powerful as the ROG though.

that's huge compared to a BrixBrix/NUC which are both way smaller than a 3.5" drive. 

Yeah Zotac's are really nice. I use one in my bedroom for Kodi. Mac Mini is  anicew machine too.

Compared to a Gigabyte Brix, all of those things are HUGE!  My vote is for a Brix!  They're powerful and cheap.  

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Intel-i7-4770R-Barebones-GB-BXi7-4770R/dp/B00HWP6CMG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1440697339&sr=8-3&keywords=brix

I7 Barebones for under $500!

If that Cheap at Zcamazon then probably 300 less at a site that isnt insane with markups