About to become a father in Jan.

Congrats!

Out of curiosity, how old are you?

I'll be 35 at the end of September. I know that's kind of old to be having a child.

I'll be 35 at the end of September. I know that's kind of old to be having a child.

Nonsense, that's a good age.

A lot of people in my hometown have their first children at ~18 to 19 and things often don't go well because the parents aren't ready.

Nonsense, that's a good age.

A lot of people in my hometown have their first children at ~18 to 19 and things often don't go well because the parents aren't ready.

That is pretty young.

Edited by SyntheticVirusZ
  • Like 1

thats great.  i am 35, and i wished i married and had kids earlier.   right now, i would like to have kids, but with my career taking a crazy setback, and having no wife or a woman i want to have kids with, i might have to wait a few more years to settle down.

my brother is having his 3rd kid (and finally a boy) in december. so i will be an unkle for the 3rd person, with no kids of my own.   all my friends already have 2 kids each.

hope all goes well for you and get ready for the nightmare of the first year.   though, ideally, the hard time will be more for the wife then yourself :shifty:

thats great.  i am 35, and i wished i married and had kids earlier.   right now, i would like to have kids, but with my career taking a crazy setback, and having no wife or a woman i want to have kids with, i might have to wait a few more years to settle down.

my brother is having his 3rd kid (and finally a boy) in december. so i will be an unkle for the 3rd person, with no kids of my own.   all my friends already have 2 kids each.

hope all goes well for you and get ready for the nightmare of the first year.   though, ideally, the hard time will be more for the wife then yourself :shifty:

it'll come my friend. I've heard all about the first year and it sounds a little rough haha. And after all these years I've finally made it to 1,500 posts haha.

Congratulations! Girls are tough, I have two, however, there are truly a blessing. You will shape their future relationships, and it is you who will define what a man is to them. Hold this obligation dear to heart. 

The first year will fly by, then comes the 2's and 3's, everyone told me that it was terrible 2's, but in my daughters case, it was the 3's that were much worse! :D