Deus Ex Pre-order Bollocks

Don't preorder. Problem solved.

In almost all cases these "exclusive" DLCs are released later because money. So just buy them (or the GOTY edition) on sale at a later date. Which considering this is Square Enix will probably be within 6-9 months.

• Like 3

Watched for four minutes. So basically, for the benefit of someone who maybe doesn't want to watch at all, it seems like they will "count" preorders, and it's like Kickstarter, so many preorders unlocks so many tiers. Tier 1 you get a new character to play as, tier 3 there's a mission that was cut out that will be added back in if enough people preorder to reach that tier. And tier 5 unlocks the game four days early.

I'm glad Bethesda isn't doing DX:MD. They'd just charge you another sixty bucks and give you a Pip-Boy. /s No, really, Square is so full of it these days. They've been trolling gamers with a Final Fantasy 7 remake for 14 years by my count — at this point nobody cares anymore. Now you can play it on basic phones, but smartphones have been emulating them for something like 3 years now. Me, I stopped caring about 12-13 years ago. So it's going to be out on PS4, but it's the Advent Children look, so nobody cares. And then it might come to the PC at some point in the future, but by then people will be more over it. Stick a fork in Final Fantasy, it's done; focus on Tomb Raider and Deus Ex instead. Also, remake of the original Deus Ex, please. I just played the Liberty Island mission again earlier, and the game hasn't aged well, with respect to new hardware. Couldn't get the brightness above minimal, still got Leo Gold to surrender completely undetected. Needs a refresh. Looked good on the Cynical Brit's system. I wonder if he's using Windows XP or just really old hardware (or archived video).

Jesus christ some people just live to complain. If you want to pre-order the game, pre-order it. If you don't, don't.

It's not like the pre-order bonuses are something great. The first bonus is some skins, the second is a digital artbook, the third is a mission (though if its like the other deus ex games the mission is completely useless and takes like 2mins), the fourth is a comic book, and the fifth is a 4 day early release. Literally none of those options affect the game in anyway and in the past you had to pay extra for them by getting the digital deluxe edition, or paying for the """"dlc"""" (quotes because they weren't even worth the $4.99 price). Remember human revolution? If you bought the deluxe edition you got the two extra missions or you could pay $5 extra for each of them. What were those missions? It was run into a carkpark to rescue some kid, took 5mins and got you a grenade launcher.

I'd understand if they cut out an entire like 5 hour portion of the game unless you pre-ordered it but a single mission? There's far better things to complain about than a developer giving away some skins and digital books if enough people pre-order their game...especially when 99% of gamers won't even give a ###### about the comic book, or the digital artbook or the OST. You'll find them all free online in like a day...

And it's not like other games haven't done something similar before. At least this way if you do choose to pre-order the game you get the same thing regardless of where you bought it from unlike those stupid "oh you get this if you pre-order the game from gamespot, but if you pre-order it from walmart then you get this! or from target you get this!" So the only way you could get everything is to pre-order the game 5 times from 5 different retailers.

Edited by -Razorfold

• 2 weeks later...

Don't preorder. Problem solved.

In almost all cases these "exclusive" DLCs are released later because money. So just buy them (or the GOTY edition) on sale at a later date. Which considering this is Square Enix will probably be within 6-9 months.

Pretty much. Exclusives don't stay exclusive all that long.

I'll play this game for sure, I loved the last one, but I'm in no rush to pre-order games anymore, and I'll wait for a discounted GOTY edition with everything in it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just in case anyone here isn't aware, good news: they canned it!

Now, all of the pre-order bonuses are available to anyone who pre-orders the game or buys a Day One Edition copy. Meanwhile, Deus Ex will not be available early to those who pre-order. It goes live on 23rd February 2016 for everyone.