Best software for Windows virtualisation

??? 

Very mild humour based on the Windows focus of the webste?

Either way the question was answered with an in-depth useful article. Most Mac users as near as I can tell seem to prefer Parallels for Mac virttualization.

• Like 1

It's not really Windows focused anymore, the name is just a name now. 

Just curious if you have inside information on planned changes to the site, perhaps because Brad is leaving?

A glance at the front page shows a very large Windows focus.

Every time a manufacturer has to come up with a computer product, there are lots of tradeoff decisions to be made and for me, the design of Apple hardware and software is annoying in almost making something I wouldn't mind using such as the Macbook Pro 17 which was "almost there" but for other people the choices may be the perfect fit and that's just great in having a wide choice of options.

The only reason that this choice becomes a vehicle for humour is the unique subset of Apple owners that view purchasing an Apple product as a social statement of some sort without realizing they are ignoring Apple's motto: "Think Different". Maybe Neowin could start a regular humour column for PC vs Mac - After all, those classic TV commercials has made it part of our modern media culture.

Anyone else know of a coming change in Neowin?

Just curious if you have inside information on planned changes to the site, perhaps because Brad is leaving?

Not at all.  Just having been a member here longer than I care to recall, it's focus on Windows has waned massively.  Sure there's a Windows focus "right now" because 10 has just been released.  This site has become very much a tech-focused site with other lifestyle subforums.  But this is going wholly off topic. 

Parallels is more refined and better performance than VMware (3d mainly but other areas to).

VMware fusion is not as refined but is more compatible with ova's and ovf's and VM's can be moved from PC to Mac and Mac to PC. Parallels is like pages Windows doesn't have it so you'd need to convert the VM to another format.

I used to use both but I pretty much use VMware now because it's inline with my job with VMware ESX and I use Workstation on my Windows machine.

Parallels 11 without a doubt especially if you are running Windows 10. Its just extra integrated now compared to VmWare fusion. No matter which one you pick just dont get virtual box its always dead last in every benchmark vs Paralles or VmWare. If you are a student or know a student there is usually an option in the On the Hub store to get Parallels for $40 as opposed to the $80 normally.

I have used VMWare Fusion, Parallels and VirtualBox. If you are doing programming or web development stuff then Vagrant + VirtualBox works flawlessly. VMWare Fusion is sluggish and the graphics performance is quite poor in comparison to Parallels. The latest version of Parallels works great with Retina Displays as well and the Coherence mode is ridiculously well integrated! Here's an awesome comparison video between Parallels and VMWare before I finally made my switch to Parallels (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkWlmWLOzXU).