Donations added (mainly for subscriptions)

We have purchased an add-on to allow us to enable subscription tiers again.

I think I have set it up right, but it still requires that you enter the correct amounts for Tier 1 ($14) and Tier 2 ($28) in order to be promoted properly.

I can add more donation levels, as I know there are people that would like it, and I will also add back Anonymous Tier 2 choice.

You can access it from the main forum header or here https://www.neowin.net/forum/donate/

Feedback welcome!

Yeah will look into that. The add-on doesn't offer much in the way of customizing donate amounts, so I have just set it to the two tiers for now, which reenables Subscriptions.

Seems incredible that IPB removed the subscriptions feature. I guess when you have virtually no competition/know that it is too difficult for large sites to convert, you can do what the ###### like.

Bah, I just hit donate and it said "Your user group can not donate." and then the donate button disappeared!

It's OK. I think it's because my time hasn't yet come.

Fiddle away!

• Like 1

What are the perks, other than ad's being removed? I don't mind supporting NeoWin, but i can't justify $28 / year for just ads, they don't bother me that much.

Well there is an additional forum for subscribers that is a bit more "relaxed" and there are several perks with editing options (extended edits on posts) and so forth. Since the sub manager isn't installed I lost all the bullet point perks we had :( but it should be back (hopefully) in a month or so, donations allows you at least to opt into the groups for now.

If anyone automatically renewed (via PayPal) after July 27 this year, please post here or PM me so I can update your subscription.

Mine renewed just recently, haven't seen any ads though. Seems very slow to return to a previous page, sometimes have to hit the back button twice.