Windows build 10547 - Start menu icons missing

After upgrading to 10547 some, not all my start menu icons have vanished. The place cards are still there but no icons.

1. I restored back to 10532 and allowed it to update again to 10547. Still same result.
  2. I then tried changing permissions on the start menu folder and contents to match the same permissions (owner) as good start menu folder, and preformed multiple reboots, Still same problem.
  3. I tried creating a new profile. Still same problem in the new users start menu.
  4. I tried reinstalling one of the programs and it still comes back with no icon, but has the place card.

I preformed multiple reboots along the way. Below is showing what is inside the office folder in the start menu.

Is this a known issue with build 10547?

This type of issue has been a problem in the past for other builds. Is there a way to fix this issue?

Thanks...

this can happen on every OS, 7, 8, 10 whatever.

It has happen to be few times, only way to fix it is uninstall office make sure shortcuts are gone from start menu and reinstall.

Doing some testing on one of my programs (Garmin) that doesn't have the graphic in the place holder.

The target shortcut name for Garmin is pointing to express.exe. If I go into the file location and change express.exe to express1.exe, then go into the start menu shortcut for Garmin and change the target name from express.exe to express1.exe the start menu instantly shows the icon graphic in the place holder for Garmin.

I have not changed permissions or anything. I just changed the actual file name and the target file name in the shortcut, and the graphic is now showing in the Garmin place card.

How do I fix this. It appears the NAME of the program is the problem, or it appears that way?

I've tried moving the file out and back in with no luck, and uninstalling and re-installing still leaves the place card blank.

How do I fix this. It appears the NAME of the program is the problem, or it appears that way?

Lookups in the system imagelist is done by matching with filename+file modified date (or at least that is how the older cache format worked).

Have you tried rebooting and also cleaning the Windows image/icons/thumbnail  cache?

I have deleted the \AppData\LocalIconCache.db file and rebooted. Is that what you meant?