Edward Snowden: Aliens Are Trying To Contact Planet Earth

NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden has extraordinarily claimed that aliens are real - and they are trying to make contact with us.

Snowden, who leaked classified files that exposed government agencies spying on civilians, is currently in hiding in Russia but his latest revelations are anything but low key.

The 32-year-old claims that aliens are actively looking for life on other planets - and that the noise from satellites is proof that they exist.

The former US intelligence contractor told scientist Neil deGrasse Tyson on the StarTalk podcast: “So if you have an an alien civilisation trying to listen for other civilisations, or our civilisation trying to listen for aliens, there’s only one small period in the development of their society when all of their communication will be sent via the most primitive and most unprotected means.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/edward-snowden-aliens-trying-contact-114645504.html

Did you link to the worst and most wrong article about this you could find on purpose?

Edward Snowden: we may never spot space aliens thanks to encryption

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/19/edward-snowden-aliens-encryption-neil-degrasse-tyson-podcast

• Like 2

I didn't find it, it was on the Yahoo! Canada news feed.

You don't fact check something before posting it? FYI Yahoo! News is worthless...

You don't fact check something before posting it? FYI Yahoo! News is worthless...

You're right on the spot. Yahoo's home is where you click on what you think is a news story and it turns out to be nothing but an advertisement. And in the end the advertisement tries to get you to sign up or buy something. Their videos always has someone that thinks they are a comedian that talks silly stuff as the video plays.

He makes a good point, but Alien civilizations (and us) who would want to be discovered wouldn't be beaming out unrecognizable encrypted messages would they?

I didn't find it, it was on the Yahoo! Canada news feed.

There's your problem - 98% of the articles on Yahoo! are click-bait idiocy for morons.

• 4 weeks later...

The truth and the facts is this: People have to be complete ignorant morons to think that we are the only living beings in the universe. That our planet is the only planet full of life. We are the only planet, so far, in our solar system with life, not the only planet in the universe with life. If God was God here, I am 200% sure he was God somewhere else too.

Hubble has discovered  tons of earth-like planets thousands of light years away. Unfortunately, we do not have the technology to travel that far to find out more about them so all we have is what we see through the telescope. Keppler recently discovered what appears to be mega structures around a star, but scientists are still debating and investigating. I wouldn't be surprised if they are indeed structures from a far more advanced civilization. We as a race are thousands of years behind in technology when compared to other species in the universe. Our solar system is still very young. We are a young species looking for answers.

Who are we? Where do we come from? What are we about? Why are we here?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” - Mark Twain

• 2 weeks later...

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

- Bill Watterson

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon if life exists out there in space, it's so far away they can't get to us or see us.

We are not able to get to them. What makes you think they can't get to us? They are thousands of years ahead of us in technology. I am sure they have figured out how to travel to us.

The way I see it is this:

If we are able to see them (their star systems, their planets) with our primitive telescopes, what makes you think they are not looking at us too?

The truth and the facts is this: People have to be complete ignorant morons to think that we are the only living beings in the universe. That our planet is the only planet full of life. We are the only planet, so far, in our solar system with life, not the only planet in the universe with life

There's a far way from being alone in the universe( a near mathematical and staistical impossibility) and believing other races are visiting earth. or that after spending the massive amount of resources it would take for such a journey they're coming to be nice and friendly and just look at us. 

NuwcRUy.thumb.jpg.61fd948ea6aadbfd6e7394

incidentall, it was the first thing we did with voyager...

• Like 2

We are not able to get to them. What makes you think they can't get to us? They are thousands of years ahead of us in technology. I am sure they have figured out how to travel to us.

How would you know they are thousands of years ahead of us, they could be, or they could be behind us. even if they where ahead of us. the universe is massive and even in our local galaxy, as unlikely it is that there aren't many other intelligent races, it's also highly unlikely they woudl actually ever find us. We are a tiny grain of sand in a giant hay stack. 

• Like 1

I guess someone is trying to discredit him... I wonder who that could be...? :p

I think the explanation is simpler: media trying to draw attention and sell, like they always do.