Google is now better at listening to you than ever

Of all the big companies that use voice controls and interaction in their software, Google is perhaps the most low-key about it. Unlike Apple's Siri and Microsoft's Cortana, Google doesn't personify its Now voice assistant. And yet, Google might have the best voice recognition algorithms of them all: it can recognize even mumbled input and does it with almost no processing delay. And now it's getting even better.

In a new post on the Google Research Blog, members of the Google Speech Team have set out the latest developments in the company's voice search algorithms. Google had already been employing deep neural networks — the same stuff responsible for those freaky distorted pictures — to compute the most likely thing you're trying to say to your phone, but now it's evolved its approach and started using recurrent neural networks.

More...
http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/25/9396247/google-voice-search-recurrent-neural-networks

Noticed recently it has gotten better. I  use the voice feature to setup alarms and to do as search for something.  Was in the car with my sister and she has the iPhone 6. Windows rolled down and she tried to a voice search.  Noise was causing issues with Siri.  Tried from my phone with Google, and recognized me every time no problems.