Turn off iOS Animations with Reduce Motion.

Enabling Reduced Motion

Starting with iOS7 they have an new toggle called "reduced motion". Reduced motion turns off all of the animations, so when you open something up instead of seeing the in out in out animation, the screen gradually fades in and gradually fades out.

Some people thinks this speeds up the phone (or gives the impression). Other people think it does not. I think it's just a personal preference. In my case Its the first thing I enable on all of my iOS devices, I think it just feels smoother.

How to Turn on Reduced Motion

Settings/General/accessibility/reduced motion

21707023886_fff6bc9401_z.jpg

21707024056_ac51345a12.jpg

21112079643_3f030e1b7f.jpg

21707069626_fb9321d9b2.jpg

21546255799_bde247e90f.jpg

Try it out, see if it makes your iOS device feel more responsive. If not you can always go in and turn reduced motion back off.

Edited by warwagon

Alternatively if you have a jailbroken device there's software such as springtomize which can be used to change the speed/duration of animations making them all slower or faster.

Alternatively if you have a jailbroken device there's software such as springtomize which can be used to change the speed/duration of animations making them all slower or faster.

NoSlowAnimations exists purely for this, no need to use a large tweak like Springtomize to do this (unless you need the other features).