Time to Say Goodbye

^ Is a silly goose.

Oh wait! This isn't the Person Above You thread. I'm in shock! :o

In all seriousness, I can get why you switched, since Microsoft seems to want to focus its efforts on other mobile platforms in recent times.

Attention-seeking topic title.

#justsaying :/

Attention seeking topic titles are great. They get lots of views!

An example of one of my thread titles

"Java! Uninstall It, Update it, or bend over and grab the ketchup!"

Edited by warwagon

Attention seeking topic titles are great. They get lots of views!

I mean, I did post in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones, right?

I think I have been patient enough, at this point I am not ready to wait for my banking apps to show up in the Store -among other things.

Surely that's a good reason to switch banks, not phones? I certainly wouldn't support a company that didn't support the things in my life that I am a "maniac" about.

Surely that's a good reason to switch banks, not phones? I certainly wouldn't support a company that didn't support the things in my life that I am a "maniac" about.

Sometimes it's easier to switch phones, versus switching banks. I'd never switch from USAA and Navy Federal over an App. These accounts have savings, checking, retirement, investment, and kids college funds. It took both of these amazing banks months to get a Windows Phone App. Even now that they have it, it pales in comparison to their Android, and iOS App.

^ Is a silly goose.

Oh wait! This isn't the Person Above You thread. I'm in shock! :o

^ is a silly rabbit. :p

Anyway, I have been an Android user for many years...  I have apple devices as well.  No plm with these devices.

I have not tried Windows Phone yet. Maybe later on I will see if I could get one or not... maybe within 2 or 5 years.

I forgot how ridiculous your banking system is. We really only have five banks here in Australia and all but one of them has a WinPhone app. Personally, though, I bank with a credit union, who doesn't have any apps at all.

Sometimes it's easier to switch phones, versus switching banks. I'd never switch from USAA and Navy Federal over an App. These accounts have savings, checking, retirement, investment, and kids college funds. It took both of these amazing banks months to get a Windows Phone App. Even now that they have it, it pales in comparison to their Android, and iOS App.

If your bank does not have an app for your phone, just ask them and see if they could make one... if not, then tell them goodbye and move to new bank.  Simple. Don't be afraid to ask the bank about it.

Just give them sometime to have an app up and ready for you to download for your device.

Otherwise use the web.. such as safari, firefox, etc.

Nothing is wrong with it.

The HD7 was such a great phone, I still see some people use it these days, a whole 5 years after release. MS really dropped the ball with WP7, but HTC hasn't been truly great since then either. The Lumia 830 (the last Nokia one) is thus far one of the best Lumias out there, with nearly every feature and a worthy price.

I'm not going back to Android even with Windows 10 mobile being the current state that it's in.

Edited by President Devil

The apologists can deny it all they want, but the marketplace on Windows phone is both a mess and sadly lacking.  I have recently moved from Android to iOS, but very strongly considered Windows Phone, until I encountered all these missing apps (I bought a cheap one to try on).

So true but at the same time a crying shame. As a platform it has everything and the phones are rock solid. It really wouldn't hurt to have a 3rd major player (competition is good).

My wife loves her Lumias but even she is impressed by the range and quality of the apps on her new iPad (she originally wanted a Windows tablet). 

• Like 1

Just think of the 20 million or so Windows applications her iPad will never be able to run. What an absolute waste of money those things are. About the only thing I do on my computer that I could do on an iPad is surf the 'net, which is far and away the least important thing I use my computer for. OTOH, my 8" Windows tablet can do everything my PC can, and in a usable way, too.

But everything you ever want in a platform is coming sooooon.

Jokes aside I don't blame you, the pace of WP development is a bad joke, the loss of functionality and the long wait for things to be built back in due to all the rebuild - or even just to get back to the standard they were at before - is ridiculous. 

MS has pinned so much of its hopes on UA and Continiuum which whilst cool, aren't benefits which entice most consumers to a platform.

Hope you find device nirvana with the new phone and platform.