WiFi drops out after a few minutes

Here's my laptop: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-envy-x360-2-in-1-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-natural-silver/4221702.p?id=1219708600904&skuId=4221702

I've been having problems with this laptop. Anyways, the WiFi keeps dropping out. The WiFi doesn't say that it is turned off but it just doesn't work. It shows that I am still connected but sometimes it has a yellow caution sign that says that there's no internet connection. All I have to do it to turn the WiFi off and then on, on my laptop. Then it works. This happens every 10 minutes or so. What is wrong my laptop? I know that it is not the router's problem because I'm at school and everyone else does not have this problem.

Here's what I think of it. Is Windows 10 just really glitchy? This laptop came with Windows 10. Could it be a program that I'm running that causes this problem? The programs I run all the time when this happens is ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes, Dropbox, and Firefox (all at their latest versions). Please help? Thanks.

I'd try a new Wifi card off eBay, I had this issue as well with my old laptop. (running Windows 7)

They go bad every now and then. I don't know if this is an issue with the newer laptops, but something that happened to me. Just my two cents.

I'd try a new Wifi card off eBay, I had this issue as well with my old laptop. (running Windows 7)

They go bad every now and then. I don't know if this is an issue with the newer laptops, but something that happened to me. Just my two cents.

Lol I could give that a try but I literally just bought this computer around a month ago.

Sometimes its not Windows, its the router/modem. Had similar issues like this and my brother had a wireless printer issue.  Would print a couple pages then the PC would say it was not connected to the printer anymore.  Power cycled the router and now it prints flawlessly every time.

He says this happens at school, techbeck, I doubt it's a router issue.

Had similar issues at work before.  Router would let some people on, not others.  Even if it was the same model PC. Device.  Ended up replacing the router.  Course would be harder to make the school replace something like this.   Would also be curious if there are any issues connecting to other APs.  Does it happen at home?  Other places?  Or just school.

"Oh what a lucky boy he was"

Open control panel - device manager - and find the name of your wireless chip

Then download the latest driver for it.

A common problem these days is manufacturers saving a penny or two by using the same wireless chip for WiFi and Bluetooth which seems to lead to annoyances like this. So turn off bluetooth if you can. Won't know until you check your hardware if you have one of those crap chips.

Actually it might be easier to use Speccy to give you a convenient hardware breakdown:

https://www.piriform.com/speccy

That proggie will also allow you to confirm CPU, RAM Hard drive etc for your other project :)

(P.S. Always specify Intel wired and wireless in your computers whenever possible.)

What's the exact model of your wifi adapter? i'm having this same exact issue on my MSI laptop ever since i upgraded to Windows 10. I've tried 2 or 3 new drivers too. I have the Killer Wireless 1525 adapter.

In my case, sometimes the wifi will work fine then suddenly cut out w/ that same yellow triangle. i cannot disable my wifi at that point. i cant select a new SSID. nothing. i have to reboot my machine. it can work for 2 mins or work for 2 days before it cuts out.

• 2 weeks later...