Google Support

So I recently placed an order from the Google Play Store.  Got shipping confirmation about 3 days sooner than I expected or what was stated at time of the order.  Well, I noticed then that my dumbass had the shipping address wrong and to a place I lived at several years ago.  Been a while since I ordered from Google....

Anyway, I called Google and in 10min had my issue resolved.  They are going to attempt to cancel the shipment and them reimburse me.  If they cannot cancel the shipment, the order will be delivered and hopefully returned to sender.  But I doubt that since the people who live where I used to live are kind of shady.  Either way tho I was told I will get reimbursed for the order.  Even tho it was my mistake, Google is taking care of things.  So I thought that was cool on their part.

If they are not able to stop, then go to your old place and wait for the delivery.

Or you call shipping carrier and have them hold the package at the carrier center instead of delivering it to you.  They might be able to tell the driver about it and re-route to you but I doubt he will deliver.. unless your old place is in same town/neighborhood as your current place.

If they are not able to stop, then go to your old place and wait for the delivery.

Or you call shipping carrier and have them hold the package at the carrier center instead of delivering it to you.  They might be able to tell the driver about it and re-route to you but I doubt he will deliver.. unless your old place is in same town/neighborhood as your current place.

Arizona is where I shipped to, I now live in Illinois.  So kind of hard to go back to the old place..haha

But Google is taking care of it either way so that is cool.  They are going to call FedEx and talk to them.  I will get refunded so no worries on that part. I got an email confirmation from Google as well stating that.  I called Google 30 min after I received the shipping email and noticed my mistake.  So I would think they will be able to stop the shipment.

Arizona is where I shipped to, I now live in Illinois.  So kind of hard to go back to the old place..haha

But Google is taking care of it either way so that is cool.  They are going to call FedEx and talk to them.  I will get refunded so no worries on that part. I got an email confirmation from Google as well stating that.  I called Google 30 min after I received the shipping email and noticed my mistake.  So I would think they will be able to stop the shipment.

Ah..  You are a few hours away from me then.  :p

That's good. Yes they will stop and return it to Google. Google will shop to replacement package out to you at your current place.

Ah..  You are a few hours away from me then.  :p

That's good. Yes they will stop and return it to Google. Google will shop to replacement package out to you at your current place.

You in IL?

I had to place another order.  Which is fine as long as I am getting my money back for the first order.  Even if Google cannot stop it and it gets delivered and the people living my old place do not return to sender, I will still get my money back.  So good deal.

They couldnt stop the shipment of the first order.  But I got an email from Google last night saying they will be refunding my money.  The 2nd order I placed, I placed Wednesday and it shipped FedEx Ground.  Tracking says it will be delivered today so that is pretty fast.

It's always nice when a company actually give you an unexpectedly great level of service. You go into these things expecting an argument and end up lost for words when they just fix it.

Glad yo hear you got it sorted, what did you buy if you don't mind me asking?

It's always nice when a company actually give you an unexpectedly great level of service. You go into these things expecting an argument and end up lost for words when they just fix it.

Glad yo hear you got it sorted, what did you buy if you don't mind me asking?

Bought the new Chomecast and Chromecast Audio.  Both should be sitting at the house now.  So will mess around with them later on.