Office 2016 ready/stable yet? Office365 download for 2013

Question

I still run Windows 8.1 and am conservative with updates (I wait a year or until service pack 1 or update 1) and will wait until Redstone next spring to try Windows 10. 

I just re-imaged my surface pro 3 and have a 1.2 meg office365 setup file on my Onedrive. I just realized it will probably pull up Office 2016 :-( The Office 365 seems to want to force the latest and greatest office version. Checking the updates for Office in the about tab I see even 2013 had montly fixes so I am a little hesitant. 

Is there any big show stoppers and does anyone know if you install office 2013 if you have a 365 without a serial?

1 answer to this question

Every Office version receives a new build every month (for example for security updates).

If you have a personal Office 365 license (Personal, Home, University), the option to install Office 2013 is hidden in the Additional Installation Options (see attachment).

I would suggest using this fix it tool to prevent the automatic upgrade to Office 2016. Although it says Office 365 ProPlus, I think it would work for Office 365 Home as well. It simply sets a registry key.

office.jpg