How to buy Nexus 6P and 5X

Not anymore. I don't trust Moto anymore. The 2015 Moto E that was released in 20freaking15 is not getting upgraded to Marshmallow. Yes, this is the latest and greatest Moto E, and it is still on freaking sale. As a Moto G owner, what the ###### Moto? Had I known they would do something like this, I wouldn't have bought the Moto G - I absolutely wouldn't/don't support companies like this. 

At least the Moto E got one major update. You may have missed when they did it in 2012. Right after being bought by Google, Motorola canceled planned updates for the Atrix, Electrify, and Photon. They shipped and were retired with Gingerbread. Big controversy, too. Most people who owned those phones vowed to never touch Motorola again. But a lot of people made excuses for Google (and/or Motorola) and some of them even blamed the owners of those devices, saying that if they had just kept their mouths shut and had faith in Google, Google would have delivered on the promised updates. (Yes, I actually got that a couple times.)

Many people buy things they haven't touched. Welcome to online shopping. I never heard good things about Nexus 6 on launch. IMO, it is too big of a phone, and I laughed at the price - a non-flagship phone at a flagship price? What was Google thinking? I wouldn't hesitate to buy the 6P online, it's a premium phone at a reasonable price that actually delivers. 

Bought plenty of things online, but not something I hold in my hand several times a day. That's my point. A CPU is one thing. Well, I guess I did buy my keyboards sight unseen, and maybe that should count.

• Like 1

Can you recommend the review websites you've been reading up on for the Nexus 6P? I'm interested in taking night time / concert photos and record concert clips. My Nexus 5 took terrible photo's at the latest festival I went to, and the video recording was terrible. The external speaker is terrible while my friend's iPhone 5 took way better quality videos.

I just do a search for reviews.  Nexis 6p is getting pretty good reviews.  I just ordered the 64gig model a couple days ago.  So hopefully I get that sooner than what the shipment date is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/30/2015 at 8:18 PM, tsupersonic said:

Many people buy things they haven't touched. Welcome to online shopping. I never heard good things about Nexus 6 on launch. IMO, it is too big of a phone, and I laughed at the price - a non-flagship phone at a flagship price? What was Google thinking? I wouldn't hesitate to buy the 6P online, it's a premium phone at a reasonable price that actually delivers. 

True - in fact, over pre-Christmas I did an entire minimal upgrade for my desktop via Amazon - despite cheaper pricing locally and my normal LOATHING of buying anything online.  So how come that happened?  Convenience, convenience, convenience.  You don't have to drive (and thus put up with Drivers Behaving Badly), weather is also a non-issue (and I'm not just talking about rain, or even snow - have we forgotten about "ice"?), and you can activate at YOUR convenience - not that of your carrier.

In my case, I'm looking at the 5x - primarily because it would be my first step up from a feature phone.  The bigger issue is "which carrier" - if I go with Project Fi, I'll be relying rather heavily on T-Mobile's network when I'm out and about - and I have had my share of issues with T-M with feature phones.  Best carrier from a service standpoint?  Hands down, it's Big Red - Verizon Wireless has had the best coverage period.  Quibbles?  Bad reviews concerning deploying Nexus phones on Big Red's network.  For once the issue is NOT price - it costs the same from either Amazon or Google's Store  (16 GB Carbon).