Where are the Windows laptops with USB Type-C charging ports?

I can't believe there still aren't any decent Windows laptops with USB Type-C charging ports.  I've been waiting most of the year for one, and it's starting to get annoying since I'm long overdue for a laptop upgrade.  For a while I thought the manufacturers were waiting for Windows 10's release to reveal their new products.  No.  Then I thought they were waiting for Microsoft's big hardware event to reveal their new products.  No, that was just for a few Microsoft products.  And not even Microsoft themselves could put a USB Type-C charging port on their new "ultimate laptop".

Yes, I know there are a few upcoming laptops from HP and Lenovo with USB Type-C ports, but those ports are not for charging.  Yes, I know about the Chromebook Pixel, but I like to keep the cloud optional.  Yes, I know about the latest MacBook.  That laptop seems to be almost exactly what I'm looking for, but it's an Apple.  It runs OS X, and I want Windows.  The experience of running Windows on a MacBook is less-than-ideal.

I like the idea of having a standard charging port for all of my devices, so I don't want to buy any new mobile devices that aren't charged by USB Type-C.

USB Type C adoption is one thing, using it as a charging port is a whole different thing. It requires re-designing of parts that already work just fine with an AC adapter. I can see why there is a slow adoption.

USB Type C adoption is one thing, using it as a charging port is a whole different thing. It requires re-designing of parts that already work just fine with an AC adapter. I can see why there is a slow adoption.

That makes sense, except for the fact that Apple and Google have had it for months now.  And then Microsoft releases entirely new products without any USB Type-C ports.

That makes sense, except for the fact that Apple and Google have had it for months now.  And then Microsoft releases entirely new products without any USB Type-C ports.

Google has had it for months?

Not announced they havent and where they do have it is a tablet already setup for USB charging.

Look at the severely underpowered macbook and its not unlike tablet hardware either.

There will be new laptops announced all this week...so may be wait for few more days. :)

I don't see any reason why you want type C charging though - does it make any difference or do you want it for convenience (one charger for everything)?

Google has had it for months?

Not announced they havent and where they do have it is a tablet already setup for USB charging.

Look at the severely underpowered macbook and its not unlike tablet hardware either.

The new Chromebook Pixel has had a type C charging port for months now, matter of fact Apple caught flack for only having one while Google managed to get two in it

We'll be lucky to see any windows laptops with Type C charging and data ports next year, more than likely 2017

Considering Alienware rushed their product line to release thunderbolt 3, causing them to skip Skylake, I think they would be the most likely to include USB-C ports along with thunderbolt 3 in their next laptop design.  I doubt any company makes a huge rush to get rid of their ac plugs, you have to consider it's essentially free money for them when you have to buy a new one.

The new Chromebook Pixel has had a type C charging port for months now, matter of fact Apple caught flack for only having one while Google managed to get two in it

We'll be lucky to see any windows laptops with Type C charging and data ports next year, more than likely 2017

For months now? It was announced last week!

Edit: I'm thinking of the C. I didn't know they refreshed Chromebook.

For months now? It was announced last week!

Edit: I'm thinking of the C. I didn't know they refreshed Chromebook.

Not the Pixel C, the Chromebook that was announced right around the same time Apple released their device 

• 3 months later...
On ‎2015‎-‎10‎-‎07 at 6:25 AM, Chugworth said:

Microsoft Lumia 950 XL has USB Type-C.

Hello,

From looking at the CES 2016 announcements:

• The Dell XPS 13 charges via a Thunderbolt/USB Type-C port.  The Dell Latitude 11-5000, 12-7000 and 13-7000 all appear to charge via a Thunderbolt/USB Type-C or a USB Type-A port.
  • The Hewlett-Packard EliteBook Folio charges via a USB Type-C port.
  • It appears the Lenovo Carbon X1 4th generation and ThinkPad X1 Yoga charge from a USB Type-A port.  The Lenovo Yoga 900 and 900s use a proprietary connector, similar to the Yoga 3 Pro which preceded it, but with different power draw.  The ThinkPad X260 uses the "slim" rectangular power connector (introduced with ThinkPad X240, I believe).
  • It looks like the LG Gram 15 may charge via a USB Type-A; again, I haven't found a manual to verify that, though, and the photo I was looking at was rather blurry.
  • The Razer Blade Stealth charges via Thunderbolt/USB Type-C port.
  • The Samsung Galaxy TabPro S may charge via a USB Type-C port, as it appears to only have that port and a headset jack. 

You can probably find out more from visiting the various manufacturers' web pages.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky