Whats a good multitrack studio software

i use fruity loops 4 as of now...but i worry about when i purchase my Quattro USB..will the USB sound card be able to interface with the I/O (4 in and out) and fruity loops?

ie: can i make 1 track in FL studio to go to 1 track on my mixer via a output?

if not...whats a good app that can?

cubase SX and/or nuendo (both from steinberg) are the best i've used - they both support nearly unlimited multi-tracking (as many tracks as your cpu can handle) and fruityloops

is treated as a VST plug-in by both as well.

If you are talking about regular multi-tracking then I'd say ProTools by far. A cheaper alternative that is still really good is Cool Edit Pro 2.

Then again, after reading your question I am baffeled as to what you are asking. :blink:

Freeware and Professional don't belong in the same sentence. I personally use Cubase SX 1 (I can't afford to upgrade right now) and it is a spectacular program, but it does come with a high price tag. You may consider the Steinberg Cubase studio pack which is fairly affordable, and has everything you'd need to get you started, although they are cut down versions.

I think I have just found my new home for Sound and Video editing: Sony

I have been using Sound Forge for a while and I really like it

What I didn't realise was that they make loads of other studio software like Acid and Vegas. I have just got Adobe Premiere and that has multitrack audio but if Vegas is anything like as good as Sound forge it will be much better than Premiere. Right now I am thinking about getting Vegas4.

Nuendo and Cubase are fantastic (especially Nuendo), but pretty expensive. I've used CoolEdit Pro since its inception. Great, easy to use, and cheap. However its no longer owned by Syntrillium, now its owned by Adobe, and called Adobe Audition.

IMO if you are serious about composing you should get a good PCI soundcard.

im not sure about your question, but I use some hardware with fruityloops also. you can basically bind any button on any peice of hardware to have any function you want. just click whatever you want to be controlled and select link to controller.

fruity loops can also be used as a DXi plugin in another editor such as sonar. my friend does this and he loves it. i dont have enough money or enough time to learn sonar so im sticking with just fruityloops right now