Latest photo Wrights Lake, California

I was shocked that, even this lake at the top of the Sierra Nevada mountains was so low. But the drought has affected everything. I hadn't been back to wrights lake since I was 10 or 11 years old so its been 35 years roughly. Sure brought back a lot of memories

14bn7zl.png

• Like 3

thanks Bro. I really enjoyed taking my wife and kids to a place I used to fish at and camp as a young boy. Is it me or do things seem smaller when we ge older? I always thought the mountains were bigger as a kid. :D

moving to Reno NV has made all these kinds of places accessible. I have a few other places I want to go to. thanks Buttus! 

Is this the latest photo?

I lived in California for 17 years of my life (not anymore) but have visited Yosemite and other portions several times. It's a shame what has happened in this state, I don't see why there can't be a water pipeline across the US (other than the hippies complaining about how it will change the environment and kill all wildlife). California is a gem of the US (despite its politics), only due to the unique beauty it possesses. I miss it, but Virginia is okay for now for me.

I took it today (10/10/2015). Yes. It was a heartbreak to see this lake so low. its almost cut off into two. one small deep channel seperates one side from the other. but keeps the lake as one still. one more bad winter (lack of snow) and wrights lake might be a goner. :( 

Is this the latest photo?

I lived in California for 17 years of my life (not anymore) but have visited Yosemite and other portions several times. It's a shame what has happened in this state, I don't see why there can't be a water pipeline across the US (other than the hippies complaining about how it will change the environment and kill all wildlife). California is a gem of the US (despite its politics), only due to the unique beauty it possesses. I miss it, but Virginia is okay for now for me.

Ouch, I feel your pain Speedy. I'm from California, and was stationed in North Carolina for two years, and couldn't wait to leave. I did visit Virginia a few times, and enjoyed my time, however, I wouldn't be able to call it home. I have to have my mountains, beaches, and deserts, all within an hour or two drive. :yes: Christopher's photos cements my love for this State.

I took it today (10/10/2015). Yes. It was a heartbreak to see this lake so low. its almost cut off into two. one small deep channel seperates one side from the other. but keeps the lake as one still. one more bad winter (lack of snow) and wrights lake might be a goner. :( 

Sad, such a treasure. :cry:

nothing more tragic than to see a childhood treasure slowing dying. people were trout fishing but judging by the low water level, I can see why people weren't able to catch anything. 

wrights_lake__eldorado_national_forest__

To put the low water level into perspective the water off this point is all that stops this lake from breaking into two. :( 

Edited by chrisj1968

wrights_lake__eldorado_national_forest__

To put the low water level into perspective the water off this point is all that stops this lake from breaking into two. :( 

This shows the drought even better than the op picture! Dear god!

Ouch, I feel your pain Speedy. I'm from California, and was stationed in North Carolina for two years, and couldn't wait to leave. I did visit Virginia a few times, and enjoyed my time, however, I wouldn't be able to call it home. I have to have my mountains, beaches, and deserts, all within an hour or two drive. :yes: Christopher's photos cements my love for this State.

Which branch were you? I definitely miss the mountains, desert, and beaches all within an hour. I lived 7 years in Southern California, and 8 years in Northern California. I know all Southern Californians can say exactly what you said :p Northern Californians can say the same as above minus the deserts. Here in Virginia 2 hours will take me 20 miles on the Interstate 95N.....

This shows the drought even better than the op picture! Dear god!

Which branch were you? I definitely miss the mountains, desert, and beaches all within an hour. I lived 7 years in Southern California, and 8 years in Northern California. I know all Southern Californians can say exactly what you said :p Northern Californians can say the same as above minus the deserts. Here in Virginia 2 hours will take me 20 miles on the Interstate 95N.....

Air Force, currently still active, and entering year 20. Next year is my last year, and I'll retire at the ripe age of 38. :cry::woot: My family has been pushing me to stay in a little longer in order to reach E-9, Chief Master Sergeant. Nope! :D Time to relax and visit places like Wrights Lake. :yes:

• Like 2