The Comments System Just Stole 45 Minutes of My Life

I just spent 45 minutes trying to compose a thoughtful, hopefully balanced, response to an article, having first responded to another comment. When I hit "Submit", all it did was re-post the previous response, discarding 45 minutes of hard thought forever. I came here to the forum to see if maybe it was just a display issue but no, it has just posted the same thing twice. It is really frustrating and makes visiting Neowin a really poor experience. The posts in question are here - https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1274992-this-week-microsoft-finally-brought-the-thunder/?page=4

I've had the same issue. That's why I "copy" before I hit submit, just in case I need to "paste" the correct post. Pain in the butt. 

I miss the old Neowin... Why they upgraded to a this bug ridden new version is beyond me.

I say assuming they have backups of the old site, roll the site back Early July!

1) All my guides won't be destroyed

2) My post count will grow by 8,000

3) There will be no more bugs!

Then, don't jump on a brand new version of the forum software. let them work out the bugs first!

When submitting any text on any website it's always a good idea to copy to clipboard first.

That is no excuse for the mess that Neowin has become. Heck, I've been told some of my issues would be looked at several weeks ago. Seeing how i ran into them again this last weekend, I can only assume that the developers don't know how to fix them.

The comments have been broken for a while now. A new bug cropped up that maid it so that spell checker in Firefox no longer works when commenting on an article. I now have to resort to pumping paragraph at a time into google to let their spelling correction engine do the work.

I have also ran into the bug that you mentioned as well. multiple times.

And don't get me started on edit mode. When ever you use it, it will either remove all paragraph spacing, or turn your entire comment into a quote.

The comments have been broken for a while now. A new bug cropped up that maid it so that spell checker in Firefox no longer works when commenting on an article. I now have to resort to pumping paragraph at a time into google to let their spelling correction engine do the work.

I have also ran into the bug that you mentioned as well. multiple times.

And don't get me started on edit mode. When ever you use it, it will either remove all paragraph spacing, or turn your entire comment into a quote.

I use Firefox and spell check works for me in the forum comments but does not work if comment from the front page but that was the case with the old system also I believe.

thats odd, i use Palemoon which is the derivative of FireFox, and the spell checker still works, giving me curly/wavey-red underlines for any words its deems as wrongly spelled.

Well, my fire fox version is 41.0.1. If anyone else is getting this bug on the same version, then let me know.
All I know is that the bug carried over from a clean install of windows, and is also present on my surface pro 2. So it's not just a bad FF instillation.

It also only happens on Neowin's main news site, but works fine on the forums, so it must have something to do with how the text field in the article comments is coded that Firefox doesn't like.

Well, my fire fox version is 41.0.1. If anyone else is getting this bug on the same version, then let me know.
All I know is that the bug carried over from a clean install of windows, and is also present on my surface pro 2. So it's not just a bad FF instillation.

It also only happens on Neowin's main news site, but works fine on the forums, so it must have something to do with how the text field in the article comments is coded that Firefox doesn't like.

I already said that. LOL

I confirmed NOT a Firefox issue as spell check doesn't work in Chrome or Edge on the main news site either...

I say assuming they have backups of the old site, roll the site back Early July!

1) All my guides won't be destroyed

2) My post count will grow by 8,000

3) There will be no more bugs!

Then, don't jump on a brand new version of the forum software. let them work out the bugs first!

There were still bugs in IPB3, but I guess they were never as frustrating as that most have encountered in IPB4.

According to Neobond, a lot of the bugs will be fixed when IPB4.1 is released, so that's something.