Just got a iPad Air 2 best iTunes alternative ?

One would have to know what aspect of iTunes you use that you are looking to replace.

I hate iTunes as well, but I dont use it to store/play music.  I use Spotify Premium.  As far as backup of my iPhone - there is no alternative.

So what is it that you are needing/wanting to do ?

One would have to know what aspect of iTunes you use that you are looking to replace.

I hate iTunes as well, but I dont use it to store/play music.  I use Spotify Premium.  As far as backup of my iPhone - there is no alternative.

So what is it that you are needing/wanting to do ?

Sure there is an alternative for iDevice backups....it's called iCloud.  I don't use iTunes for anything.  In fact I cannot tell you the last time I even used the program.

When you appear to say that you don't use iTunes, does that mean it's not installed on your computer or that it's installed but you don't use it? I've been searching for a way to transfer music, videos and photos from my PC to my iPhone and also in reverse, but every program I find that claims you don't need iTunes actually means you don't have to use iTunes but you must have it installed on your computer. Are there any programs (for the PC) that can work with an iPad/iPhone but does NOT need to have iTunes installed? Been looking for a very long time.

When you appear to say that you don't use iTunes, does that mean it's not installed on your computer or that it's installed but you don't use it? I've been searching for a way to transfer music, videos and photos from my PC to my iPhone and also in reverse, but every program I find that claims you don't need iTunes actually means you don't have to use iTunes but you must have it installed on your computer. Are there any programs (for the PC) that can work with an iPad/iPhone but does NOT need to have iTunes installed? Been looking for a very long time.

You need to have it installed because any other program that is able to sync with an iDevices needs the "Apple Mobile Device Service" installed in order to be able to sync.  That service only gets installed when itunes does.  And if you uninstall itunes, the service gets uninstalled also.  So, install it but just don't use it.

If its music then just upload it all onto google music,  then get the app on your iphone. Then you can offline the music on that. Thats how i do it to my ipad.

What do you use iTunes for? For music, I personally use Spotify. For backups and sync, I use iCloud.

What do you use iTunes for? For music, I personally use Spotify. For backups and sync, I use iCloud.

One thing I hate that you have to still use a computer for is syncing ringtones over to an iPhone.  While you don't have to use iTunes for this, you do have to have it installed.

Is mediamonkey still around? I used to use it all the time on an old ipod shuffle....worked wonders. Simple, clueless question, no harm intended.....