not been offered 10565 and broken start menu

still isnt been offered :( so the ongoing issues with the updating system carry on for me, thanks for the link to the iso, will download it and do an update install via the iso.  Hopefully the start menu is fixed on the new build.

2 days ago I opted into the slow ring, but I still haven't been offered the update.  It's through the regular Windows Update, correct?

Nope, 10565 was released to Slow Ring as well. I'm on Slow Ring and got it.

https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-rolls-out-windows-10-build-10565-to-insiders-in-the-slow-ring

Keep rebooting and checking for updates... it will show eventually.

Well, it's almost a week later and I still haven't got it.  I've rebooted a couple times since then (including just now) but no dice.  Is there any way to force it (without having to install with the ISO)?

I've also tried to put myself in the Fast Ring, take myself off preview builds and then back on, but nothing seems to work.

• 4 weeks later...

yes folks its that time again.

Same issue not been offered 10584.

Any way to force it to be offered?

Is odd people on stable builds are getting it but not me on the fast ring.

This is probably the most unreliable windows update system I have seen Microsoft launched the concept.

How can I be sure I am not missing security updates for example if getting build updates is so unreliable?

Nope, 10565 was released to Slow Ring as well. I'm on Slow Ring and got it.

https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-rolls-out-windows-10-build-10565-to-insiders-in-the-slow-ring

Keep rebooting and checking for updates... it will show eventually.

I mean in batches that they push out the updates.

If it was a normal pull system we wouldnt have to do things like reboot and hope, it would show up when checking, so it seems they enabling per region or per user id at separate times.

"Your device is up to date. Last checked: Today, ‏‎22:56" is it? stop lieing to me microsoft :p

I mean in batches that they push out the updates.

If it was a normal pull system we wouldnt have to do things like reboot and hope, it would show up when checking, so it seems they enabling per region or per user id at separate times.

"Your device is up to date. Last checked: Today, ‏‎22:56" is it? stop lieing to me microsoft :p

Check to see if you have 'defer upgrades' selected in the settings.

Failing that just use the MS tool and do it manually.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Hi guys.

Since I updated to 10547 some weeks ago my start menu doesnt work, I now see posts about 10565 but I am not been offered it.  Is anyone else stuck?

do a search for the ISO (it's not hard to find) and do an upgrade

I understand it will get me done on this one upgrade, but then it will happen again the next build, its a workaround not a fix.

Have you clean installed yet? If not why not? if the clean install doesn't fix your problem then i have no idea what will. :)