Best programming coding for website

Question

Which programming language is best for making website, now these day Php is used most of making website and one have Idea about top programming which make full of customization. 

11 answers to this question

Personal preference, but once you pick a language you should go and ensure yourself you're aware of all the known issues (especially security issues) with your choice.

I prefer PHP, but some more serious coders really hate it. It is mostly used because it was just what I learned.

Besides, they are all Linux people.

There are tonnes of options out there.  

PHP
ASP.NET w/ C# 
jQuery
AngularJS
Node.JS

I mean there really is no "Best" it all comes down to personal preference.

Depends entirely on what you want as a final result. Some languages do certain things better or have frameworks built with specific goals in mind.

My typical project will usually be:

• NodeJS
  • Jade
  • SCSS
  • TypeScript

But that doesn't rule out the use of PHP (usually with Laravel) or Ruby (on Rails). There's just some things that handle better than others (or softwares that are ideal for a project that are only written in a single language/framework).

There is no best all around, but there's a better for a project which isn't a simple yes/no answer for obvious reasons.

The most important language for coding websites is Javascript; that's what the browser runs. Lots of web apps these days are mostly Javascript SPAs. Server-side, you can basically use anything you like, so you probably want to stay away from awful tools like PHP, if you can. Python, Ruby, Scala, F#, C#, Java, all would be better choices (and they're more general-purpose languages as well).

• Like 2

Welcome to the most insane part of programming land.

If you happen to be an "Army of One" then it makes sense to keep Cognitive Overload to a minimum by learning the least amount of new languages and tools.

Since with webby stuff your are stuck learning Javascript no matter what, there is a school of thought that leads to using Javascript on the server side as well. That's Node.js

Becoming the new trendy peak of this idea is ISOMORPHIC Javascipt which runs the same code at both ends sort of like Super-Symmetry in Physics.

If you want to learn what is popular then websites on the internet break out like this:

#1 - PHP

#2 - ASP.NET C#

#3 - Java

#4 - Ruby

But server side Javascript will probably make that list in the next year or so probably replacing the Ruby spot since the early adopters have come from the same San Francisco Hipster crowd as Ruby.

Node.js has Visual Studio support and is a featured technology on Microsoft Azure.

Node.js also makes a very compact local server and is the engine that drives the Atom code editor. You can wrap your own webby Desktop program by using the same Electron project.

Using the Win.js lib you can also make Windows 10 Apps!

So in theory you can use Javascript to target just about everything. One language to rule them all. Shivers -  what an appropriate thought for Halloween...

As a beginner myself I'd like to know the order one has to be studying these programming languages? Like what do you start with? Is it PHP or maybe first you start with HTML and then proceed to something else? What would your suggestions be?

On 2/15/2016 at 4:38 AM, Layla89 said:

As a beginner myself I'd like to know the order one has to be studying these programming languages? Like what do you start with? Is it PHP or maybe first you start with HTML and then proceed to something else? What would your suggestions be?

HTML is not a programming language. It is a semantic description of a document layout that tells the borwser where to display stuff on a page. It has been mangled and tortured way beyond the original intent through many revisions and a basic familiarity with how it works is essential to any web work. CSS is the Frankenstein monster-child of HTML that will expand endlessly until it turns into Skynet and offers to do your laundry.

Javascript is the actual programming language that browsers understand and is reasonably not horrible. It runs inside the browser and also on a web server as part of Node.js

PHP is a programming language runs only on the web server that is unreasonably horrible, has nothing to do with browsers and is popular because it was easy to understand as a way to program web servers at a moment in history when all the better alternatives were hard to understand for the average person.

If you are starting at zero, then some HTML and Javascript are key items before looking at servers. Kahn Academy has a system where you run a learning environment inside a browser so you can start with zero tools.