Are You Buying Halo 5? Why?/Why not?

I'm like a junkie and always need my fix of the latest game so of course I preordered it.

I'm going to ask you to give them a chance from one HUGE halo fan to another.

I'm afraid I am not as forgiving as you.

I have decided that I will have to wait for very positive multiplayer feedback before I purchase this game. I certainly won't be pre-ordering it or picking it up on day 1.

Otherwise, it's back to PC gaming and to the PS4 for Battlefront. The X1 will go back to being scowled at from time-to-time as it collects dust and cowers in shame at the bottom of my entertainment center.

• Like 1

I'm afraid I am not as forgiving as you.

I have decided that I will have to wait for very positive multiplayer feedback before I purchase this game. I certainly won't be pre-ordering it or picking it up on day 1.

Otherwise, it's back to PC gaming and to the PS4 for Battlefront. The X1 will go back to being scowled at from time-to-time as it collects dust and cowers in shame at the bottom of my entertainment center.

Best multi player halo outside of my nostalgia vision glasses yet. I'm not making this up and think a majority will agree with me.

Only played an hour of the storyline tbh, will get back to it on the weekend but for now this is the best multiplayer experience this gen has had to offer so far and don't see any other console FPS coming close.

To anyone who hasn't grabbed this out of some kind of spite with MCC or thinking 343 will have messed with the formula in a negative way, your doing your self a disservice. 

• Like 1

Been playing this all morning, campaign and multiplayer. It's the best Halo I have played so far, even with my ass getting handed to me in multiplayer. The whole thing is just beyond epic. 343i sure hit this one out of the park.

• Like 1

No, not buying a Xbox One just to play Halo 5
Would buy it however it was made its way to the Windows Store for PC though.

Started playing this morning before work. Big mistake. I was sucked into the story immediately and had a hard time pausing the game until 5pm. Can't wait to try multiplayer. I usualyl get my ass handed to me in deathmatches though by kids who play 24/7.

To anyone who hasn't grabbed this thinking 343 will have messed with the formula in a negative way, your doing your self a disservice. 

Patiently waiting for positive feedback on a newly released product is the opposite of a disservice.

• Like 2

I ordered it and will start playing Thursday or Friday, tomorrow is a national holiday so my copy won't be coming, no rush really. So far I've been hearing good things about the game and it's MP, warzone sounds great!

I will, but I will wait until it's on sale or something. By the time I get around to turning them on I usually see an add on the dashboard they're in deals with gold for like half off :p

The game is more than just Master Chief, though he is expected to be in this next trilogy. Note, he was not in Halo 3 ODST and Halo Reach, which still broke sales records. It's about the Halo story. It's not just about John and Cortana.

That's exactly my point though. ODST and Reach are not mainline games and hence I'm ok with them not focusing on the Chief. When 343 names this game "Halo 5" I expect (and want!) the campaign to be about Chief and no one else. From everything I've read, they should have just removed the 3 missions you get to play as the Chief and renamed the game to "Halo: Gaurdians". At least then I could hope for a Halo 5 proper.

That's exactly my point though. ODST and Reach are not mainline games and hence I'm ok with them not focusing on the Chief. When 343 names this game "Halo 5" I expect (and want!) the campaign to be about Chief and no one else. From everything I've read, they should have just removed the 3 missions you get to play as the Chief and renamed the game to "Halo: Gaurdians". At least then I could hope for a Halo 5 proper.

The whole game IS about chief, the problem is that you're lacking perspective. This is Halo's current trait of storytelling in the past few games, PERSPECTIVE. If you don't play Halo to follow the story, then what's the worry of whether it'd be considered proper or not. I mean, Christ, you have Spartan III as your profile picture fgs, you should know that these games are all about leading towards events. Halo 2 had the Arbiter, a lot of it. Remember that?

• Like 1

I suspect thats where the paid DLC will be, single player story missions since all the MP maps are free.

That's the type of dlc i'd rather pay for instead of just new MP stuff, but then I'm not that big of a MP person.

• Like 1

I will, but I will wait until it's on sale or something. By the time I get around to turning them on I usually see an add on the dashboard they're in deals with gold for like half off :p

Good idea I burned through it in <12 hours

Actually Halo 4 was said to be the start of the "reclaimer trilogy".

You're right, but I still expect to see another two halo games on the Xbox One before it's time to move on to new hardware.

I suspect thats where the paid DLC will be, single player story missions since all the MP maps are free.

343i has confirmed that there will not be any campaign dlc.

• Like 1

You're right, but I still expect to see another two halo games on the Xbox One before it's time to move on to new hardware.

I definitely don't with the technical issues this current gen has, at least not in the main storyline. Spinoffs like Halo Wars, sure.

Have you played the beta...? 

What I played, this will be one of the best multiplayer FPS games in a long time while still being very much a halo game. 

Anyone who owns an xbox one, grab this. Grab it day one. Can't wait. 

I'm also disappointed in no split screen story, but getting to the age I am now I don't even see when I would of gotten to have made use of it with work and friends no longer gaming as much as our teens. I actually feel sorry for the next generation of 12 year olds growing up on this Halo and not getting that split screen feeling but... :cry:

but with online gaming being predominant for this generation, I don't think the vast majority would utilize split screen even if it was included.

but with online gaming being predominant for this generation, I don't think the vast majority would utilize split screen even if it was included.

Correct, most do not use split screen any longer.

Correct, most do not use split screen any longer.

Yeah, it's strange isn't it? During my youth it was always so great playing with my mates around the house. I find it odd people don't seem to want that anymore.