Dreamweaver or Frontpage?  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Dreamweaver or Frontpage?

• Dreamweaver
    • Not sure
    • Frontpage

Question

What would you go for?

I personally like frontpage since its a lot less bloated and i don;t have to put up about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 floating toolbars and palletes and then disable the ones i don't want

I would of added notepad but that would of just fux0red dreamweaver and frontpage

Edited by Adnan248999

I'm just wondering where he would even have heard that Firebird (and other gecko browsers) lack CSS support. Everything I've seen to date says they are the leading browser for standards compliance.

Firebird isn't perfect I'm sure, but it's allot better than IE. I used IE exclusively until Firebird came along. I installed it and never looked back; it's faster, more compliant, and more customizable. It's just an all around better browser for power users.

Firebird isn't perfect I'm sure, but it's allot better than IE. I used IE exclusively until Firebird came along. I installed it and never looked back; it's faster, more compliant, and more customizable. It's just an all around better browser for power users.

Firebird is sluggish and annoying.

- just my experiences :/.

Where do you find Firebird lacking in CSS support?

uh because websites that use css don't render properly in firebird. You may never know it because Firebird does support css but not all attributes of it. seoconsultants is an example of this and I have several other examples as well.

I'm not sure this is a firebird/gecko issue as I can't duplicate the error over here. I've tried various window sizes, scrolling, changing the font size, and it always behaves as one would expect. Even with the window only 100 pixels wide it's fine, you just have to horizontally scroll to see anything:

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031026 Firebird/0.7

Granted we can't have a single code base producing different results on different platforms, but I don't think we can blame this totally on gecko. Can someone with an Linux/BSD system running firebird take a similar screenshot for further comparison? This could also be an issue with the latest builds - I can't remember the last time I updated.

--

Ignoring this issue: when you complain about gecko rendering sites with CSS incorrectly, did you validate the sites to ensure that they were using 100% legit CSS, it's not fair to blame mozilla for not rendering non-standard tags. If you can provide some example sites that use valid CSS that do not render correctly we could figre out what exactly the problem is - let the developers know, and solve the problem.

I dont know what others do but I generally use both simultaneously. But most of the times I start with frontpage and finish with it :ninja: , and give the final touches in Dreamweaver :cool: . It gives more precise control on the layout..

Front page 2003 is gr8, better than the predators.

ohh, this is a good question! probably one of the best polls all week!

i would have to say dreamweaver. frontpage messes up in firefox. in IE its fine.

both are good... i dont see what is so wrong with frontpage, when i used it, it worked fine for me, didnt add a whole bunch of crap code for me like so many people say it does... i like dreamweaver, but it is slower than snail ****. so i stick to my notepad.